There are newer employer reviews for Workday

Great company, CEOs, product and co-workers!

Current Employee - Product Manager in Pleasanton, CA
Current Employee - Product Manager in Pleasanton, CA

I have been working at Workday full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

CEOs who believe in me and, unlike some others, are not weasels.
Everyone here is really smart and motivated.
Constant opportunities to innovate, as the kind of work we do has not been done before.
Satisfied customers.

Cons

Long hours.
Not paid competitive to the market, but that is balanced by great stock options in my case.

Need some kind of sabbatical program for those of us who have been running at full speed for quite a while.

141 Other Employee Reviews for Workday (View Most Recent)

Overall, great product and excellent senior management; Beware, toxic CSD environment.

Former Employee - Corporate Sales Development in Pleasanton, CA
    Former Employee - Corporate Sales Development in Pleasanton, CA

I worked at Workday full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great senior leadership, fun company events. All employees are invited to company meetings. Workday is leading provider of ERP in the cloud, stock is performing well, keep it up.

Cons

Many of the old reviews regarding the CSD environment from 2012 remain true well past their date.
    Senior management may not have any idea how bad it really became, or just didn't care;
    bait and switch. Limited career advancement from CSD, most after their CSD tenure end up in positions filled with recent graduates. Some have made it into very interesting roles, the majority went into other support roles not related to prospecting for new customers. Long story short: Your CSD skills have little value in other areas of the company. (Not worth it for all the grunt work that you're enslaved to do.) Especially if you have to do it in SLC.

If you're interested in 2+ years of cold calling, only to find yourself rotating around to a somewhat related support role, be my guest. If you're passionate about sales, and you want a much more linear and logical career path, salesforce.com might be a better choice.

Great place to work

Current Employee - Business Analyst in Pleasanton, CA
    Current Employee - Business Analyst in Pleasanton, CA

I have been working at Workday full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Collaborative work environment, good sense of community, great products, great customer services
    Family Friendly
    Pet Friendly

Cons

Usual office politics, no flexibility for remote work or office hours

There are newer employer reviews for Workday