Workday

www.workday.com

Work Here if You Crave Bad Management, No Career Path, and Low Salary

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Pleasanton, CA

ProsThe product and development environment are definitely cool, and customers seem happy. Lots of very nice, humble people who could be working somewhere where they'd be better appreciated. Also, it's close to BART and a very nice mall, but you probably can't afford to shop there. Close to 680, but traffic noise makes being outside fairly unpleasant.

ConsHierarchical and inflexible. Middle managers from PeopleSoft appear threatened by any staff member who has better ideas for productivity improvements. Low pay compared to other Bay Area tech companies seems to be a PeopleSoft tradition. Take it or leave it. Only a few people really seem to work very hard. This was one of the oddest and most unpleasant work experiences I've had.

Advice to Senior ManagementCreate an environment in which people can honestly say if they're happy with their manager. Ask people if they have ideas that could help their team. Pay people competitively. Reward good ideas. Stop with the cult and herd mentality. You don't deserve most of the good people you have, and there are some real losers in your management ranks.

Workday is the best place to work!

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Pleasanton, CA

I have been working at Workday

Pros: There is a lot of room for career advancement and development Very strong leadership Recognition/Reward based on performance Surrounded by talented… Cons: While Workday can be "clique-y" if you're not an ex-PeopleSofter you can still get ahead in the company. I never worked at PeopleSoft, but… Advice to Senior Management: Keep up the momentum! Workday will be enormously successful. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Best Place to Work in the Bay Area

Communications (Current Employee) Pleasanton, CA

I have been working at Workday

Pros: Dedicated to core values Respect from colleagues and management across the… Cons: Any workday can be a high pressure one. Advice to Senior Management: Stay true to core values and customers. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Workday.

Worked for Workday? Contribute to the Community!