There are newer employer reviews for Workday

The next big thing in Enterprise Application Software

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Pleasanton, CA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pleasanton, CA

I have been working at Workday

Pros

Terrific work environment, customer satisfaction focused, high growth, tremendous product

Cons

Very Pleasanton focused. Need to continue focusing on people outside of headquarters

132 Other Employee Reviews for Workday (View Most Recent)

Workday is everything I've wanted in a company and in a job

Current Employee - Recruiter  in  Pleasanton, CA
    Current Employee - Recruiter in Pleasanton, CA

I have been working at Workday

Pros

The people I work with are passionate and committed to seeing each other succeed and to seeing the company succeed. The technology is cutting edge and disrupting the enterprise technology landscape and literally changing the game. The leadership, from the executive level down to the line level, are 2nd to none. And Dave D., what can I say, the man knows what he's doing. Our future is bright and I look forward to our continued success as we grow and capture market share.

Cons

Be ready to work....yes, it's true, there is a lot of work to be done. Is this a con? For me, no, but for some, yes.

Keep it up.

If you choose to work here, you are making a mistake!

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Pleasanton, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pleasanton, CA

I worked at Workday

Pros

Exceptional technology, helpful well intentioned but completely disempowered middle management.

Cons

-Senior Executive leadership dictatorial approach is formula for failure.
    -While claimed domain expertise is HR, HR systems are lacking, sub-par integration with benefit providers (I still get mail and email from benefit providers as if i work there!) and well below market benefits and compensation packages.
    -HR and legal team way over their heads
    -Middle management completely powerless and has no control over their domain.
    -Culture is not as described. It is long workdays for low pay and no loyalty in return

Good luck on your way to the scrap heap history with all the other companies with good technology, an outstanding founder who "let it get away" by entrusting the company to the wrong people. My advice is to make Sr. Leadership change NOW or all your great ideas will be for naught. Stretching the truth about customers and customer stories, about technology capabilities, about internal expertise only works for a while. Tell the truth! Practice what you preach regarding HR practices!

There are newer employer reviews for Workday

Worked for Workday? Contribute to the Community!