World 50, inc.

www.world50.com
  www.world50.com
There are newer employer reviews for World 50, inc.

Amazing Clients, Under-qualified Management

Former Employee - Director in Atlanta, GA
Former Employee - Director in Atlanta, GA

I worked at World 50, inc.

Pros

Recruit and gather the world's top executives in highly exclusive forums. Incredible access to senior business leaders, celebrities. Fancy meetings at 5-star venues.

Cons

No structure, dishonest leadership, lack of career path. No HR department to look after staff members' interests. CEO wants to grow company at very fast pace and sell it... culture is therefore shifting toward highly aggressive junior sales team. A shame. Hopefully the parent company will rethink its placement of CEO to restore the firm to it's former self. If that's the case, worth a look.

New chief executive that manages out of experience, not with a fear-mongering mentality. Invest in the junior team to ensure there are growth paths.

13 Other Employee Reviews for World 50, inc. (View Most Recent)

Committed to culture goals (it's a journey) and fun, smart people doing inspiring work

I have been working at World 50, inc. full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I feel like World 50 is a great place IF you are the type of person who loves to collaborate with others to solve problems. It seems like there are opportunities IF you do good work, work hard and seek opportunities to add value. Work life balance didn't really matter to me because I became friends with my colleagues - but it is a lot of work. I found it to be rewarding and fun and I wanted to do it (I have a family and found no problem in balancing it all). It's a small co so policies like maternity are getting better. I am sure the policies and benefits are better in a big co. Also I feel like some of the feedback on growth opportunities fails to acknowledge that this is a small, "start-up" environment - to me that is the good thing about it, but if you are looking for a place with regularly scheduled and planned "next steps" then you might find small company life frustrating. To summary the pros - the work is very interesting and the environment is casual and fun. There is a lot of laughing in the office. People seem to really enjoy one another. A lot of very smart people.

Cons

As mentioned in Pros...this is a small company and there are positives and negatives that come with that. I like the small co vibe - things are less formal and there is unlimited opportunity for growth IF you are able to push through. I can see that some people who have worked here found these same characteristics frustrating. Also, there is a lot of flux in the workload - during busy times it can be very heavy. Last, the company and the management team are very focused on "values" but the team is growing quickly and is pretty young so I think there is always room to make this better (though I argue that it's all of our jobs, not just management). To summarize the cons - there aren't clearly defined next steps AND there is a lot of competition because most employees are very smart and ambitious. If you just do your job, it probably won't be enough to excel in this environment.

Keep the focus on the values. It seems there will be high points and low points, but keep giving the power to the organization and the people to solve this/move this forward. Management handing down directives on "values" will never work. The culture is very good (especially when compared to other organizations I have worked for) and I do appreciate the commitment to keeping it good. It's never easy. Continue to empower and trust people. You have some of the smartest people I have ever worked with - keep them!!

Great company, dysfunctional leadership

Former Employee - Marketing Manager in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Marketing Manager in Atlanta, GA

I worked at World 50, inc. full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

- Chance to rub shoulders with accomplished and famous thinkers and leaders
    - Always something to work on
    - Certain managing directors were a pleasure to work with
    - Open working space

Cons

- Leadership often argued with each other to no resolution
    - The managing director was often the go-between for the members--had to interpret the work that would be meaningful based on what the group director / managing director said and it seemed to change often
    - Those who were simply good at their jobs did not seem to do as well as those adept at office politics
    - There was an inner circle and those within it were promoted

Find a way to give everyone in the company insight into what's important to the members. Let people take more risks. Focus less on events and more on meaningful connections between members and across groups.

There are newer employer reviews for World 50, inc.