World Federalist Movement

www.wfm-igp.org
There are newer employer reviews for World Federalist Movement

Great internship experience

I worked at World Federalist Movement as an intern

Pros

Great place to intern if you are looking to get to know one of their subject areas well. Interns are given a lot of responsibility, passes for the UN to attend meetings, and are integrated into meetings and discussions among full time staff.

Cons

Unpaid, but I feel this is in keeping with many similar opportunities so I don't think this should be a deal breaker for anyone considering a position there.

3 Other Employee Reviews for World Federalist Movement (View Most Recent)

Very relaxed, very friendly attitude.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at World Federalist Movement

Pros

There are not a lot of employees but about half of them are interns they bring in. They really want interns to do their part and learn a variety of skills. Very flexible in terms of when to work and when you can take off.

Cons

It is an unpaid internship. They don't like it when you can't work a full day's worth of work. Not a lot of communications between interns of different divisions.

Make the work seem like it is important. Make interns feel that they are actually saving lifes as supposed to only helping the employees safe lives.

Internship Experience

Current Employee - Communications Intern in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Communications Intern in New York, NY

I have been working at World Federalist Movement as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

Great place to intern as the previous post mentioned. I interned for the Coalition for the International Criminal Court, which is under the umbrella of the World Federalist Movement (same office, same staff really).
    Yes, we did all get UN passes and had great opportunities to network. The work you do as a interview is pretty much entry level work of a paid position.

Cons

All internships are unpaid!
    They also don't have many job opening, partly because all the interns and fellows pretty much do the work of a paid entry level employee... From what I have seen they are not trying to take advantage of the interns but really can't afford to pay all of them since they rely heavily on donations.

Please consider compensating at least the full-time interns...

There are newer employer reviews for World Federalist Movement