World Learning
www.worldlearning.org Brattleboro, VT 50 to 149 Employees

Great place for a first job

Associate (Former Employee)
Washington, DC

I worked at World Learning full-time for more than 3 years

Prosgood camaraderie with junior staffers. Nice location in DC. Numerous professional networking opportunities with people from all corners of the globe.

Conslong hours and low salaries for associates. no bonuses. They job really depends on which manager you draw as a boss. Many of them are good people who are just ill suited for the job. My first manager was perving on me during my first day of work and had to be transferred. My second manager, who lasted only a few months, was a super cool person, but totally unmotivated. My last manager was even worse.

you are born a program officer you die a program officer!

Program Officer (Former Employee)

I worked at World Learning full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: relaxed: truly, I do not find anything else that is a pro here. Oh, yes, one more thing, even though health insurance premiums are really… Cons: no employee development, low salaries, no advancement opportunities, clicks surround you, only friends to the management getting promoted for no reason at all, cinical attitude… Advice to Senior Management: Give people a chance to move ahead. Do not feel threatened! Promote people for good work and show appreciation for their loyalty! My first reaction… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

A great non-profit to work for.

I have been working at World Learning

Pros: The people are passionate and amazingly informed on foreign policy issues.… Cons: The non-profit world brings with it some mismanagement; especially those… Advice to Senior Management: You should talk to the state department more about what… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on World Learning.

Worked for World Learning? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at World Learning reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for World Learning CEO Adam Weinberg. All reviews posted anonymously by World Learning employees.