Great first job in DC; fun workplace with education exchange programs

Former Employee - Program Associate  in  Washington, DC
Former Employee - Program Associate in Washington, DC

I worked at World Learning full-time for more than a year

Pros

Enjoyed meeting all the international participants; lots of young people make for a fun environment; learn about ECA programs up close; gain understanding about international exchanges

Cons

Salaries in this field in general are just low, and this is on par. Also, it can take a while to advance beyond your initial hiring position

Give associates more responsibilities and opportunities to exercise creativity or practice writing skills

Other Reviews for World Learning

What once was is no more

I have been working at World Learning

Pros

Vermont campus provides the opportunity to live in a beautiful part of the country. There are still a few talented, thoughtful administrators. There are still some very quality programs, but...

Cons

Very shortsighted and vague 'vision' with terminology coined by a CEO that had to hire banking consultants to slash and burn...CEO is wisely retreating to a new job before the intermediate and long term consequences of those actions are realized by students and board members. Cannot speak to DC operations, but Vermont campus longs to be a data/marketing driven organization in order to play with the big boys. Quality, thoughtful programming has taken a backseat to ever-expanding marketing and enrollment (sales) departments. Proceed with caution.

Programs first, marketing programs second: wagging the dog is not a sustainable enterprise.

Great place for a first job

Former Employee - Associate  in  Washington, DC
    Former Employee - Associate in Washington, DC

I worked at World Learning full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

good camaraderie with junior staffers. Nice location in DC. Numerous professional networking opportunities with people from all corners of the globe.

Cons

long hours and low salaries for associates. no bonuses. They job really depends on which manager you draw as a boss. Many of them are good people who are just ill suited for the job. My first manager was perving on me during my first day of work and had to be transferred. My second manager, who lasted only a few months, was a super cool person, but totally unmotivated. My last manager was even worse.

There are newer employer reviews for World Learning.

Worked for World Learning? Contribute to the Community!