There are newer employer reviews for World Resources Institute

Energetic for your interest in resources including water, climate, transport and others

Current Employee - Research Assistant in Beijing, Beijing (China)
Current Employee - Research Assistant in Beijing, Beijing (China)

I have been working at World Resources Institute full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Take initiative, democratic, work-life balance, have the channel of voice, know a lot of professional people, a great platform to cumulate the knowledge and experiences.

Cons

WRI takes too much time to make a final decision, as it goes following the rule of democracy.

25 Other Employee Reviews for World Resources Institute (View Most Recent)

Great place for an internship!

I worked at World Resources Institute as an intern

Pros

Excellent network of fellow interns, fun workplace environment, emphasis on sharing ideas across the organization and learning.

Cons

Definitely a large office, sometimes you can get lost in the number of interns and projects going on. It is important to remain proactive.

Inspiring colleagues, mission and impact

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

I worked at World Resources Institute full-time

Pros

In my view WRI is the world's leading environmental think tank. The staff are top of their respective fields, the management is dynamic, and I personally feel great pride in having shared a portion of my professional life with such dedicated and intelligent colleagues.

Cons

The workload is heavy, the stress of working for a non-profit can be high, and the travel schedule can be brutal if not managed properly.

Minimize transaction costs where possible (particularly the number of meetings) and enhance the number of unrestricted grants to minimize fundraising pressures.

There are newer employer reviews for World Resources Institute