World Travel Holdings

www.wth.com
  www.wth.com
There are newer employer reviews for World Travel Holdings

Its not what I thought it would be, but it's a job.

I have been working at World Travel Holdings

Pros

Best reason to work here is because you want to work from home, your an excellent salesperson and or you want discounts on cruises.

Cons

It's funny I read this site before I took this job and I thought man this job could mean some opportunity for growth, money and benefits. I've always loved travel so it seemed like a great fit. Well let me tell you there where 25+ people in my training class and now there's about 8-10 left with 6 of them telling me personally how upset they are with this job. Take this job if you are already a salesperson and your able to sell anyone on anything,, don't take this job if you think your going to be trained on how to sell. You will be very disappointed with your pay check. Here's what they don't tell you in the interview or in training....your making usually about usually 10% of 10% of the total. Sometimes that's as little as $9, many times your not making anything at all except your hourly wage, which is $8. Let's face it people now a days want to book things online, so they call to get answers to questions than leave and book it themselves. Which not only do you not make money but you don't meet your conversion percentage. Oh, I almost forgot about the forced Overtime, that's makes for very unhappy employees. It's great working from home but you can make more at burger king flipping burgers with less stress. Why am I still here? Because I like working from home :)

Start telling new hires what its really like to work here! Stop sugar coding the job. Only a very small percentage of people are making the money you post in the job description. Just like only a very tiny number of rooms/sailings actually go for the prices you post online. Another crappy part of the job, explaining to people that what the see online isn't the actual cost...kinda makes it hard to sell something when people don't trust us.

86 Other Employee Reviews for World Travel Holdings (View Most Recent)

Dissatisfied

I have been working at World Travel Holdings

Pros

It is work at home and you are not pressurized to keep taking calls. Get to spend more time to know the customers well.

Cons

It is sales that drives a perosn crazy. Every few minutes there is an email that boasts of people making 20K in sales. That puts a person off for the rest of the day. For every person tries their best to get that mark but is not always successful and that puts a question in your head ..are you not good enough?
    The schedule is killing. They ask you what schedule you prefer but that is not adhered to.
    They will give you 50hrs a week. It is fine for people who do not have a family, social circle, hobbies.
    When you sell it does not mean you will get that commission. At the end of pay period you will get the higher amount . So it is not your basic +commission.
    In short if you do not sell well you are stuck at $8/hr
    There are too many different products and many more get added each day.
    If you work late shifts then cruise lines and back office is closed so for any help you are on your own .

Try to distribute the commission pattern, and the products sold.
    Do not try to make people "Jack of all trades Master of none"

I LOVE my job

Current Employee - Customer Care Representative
    Current Employee - Customer Care Representative

I have been working at World Travel Holdings

Pros

What more is there to say? I get to talk to people all day long about their upcoming cruise. I get to do this all while working from home in my pajamas....

Cons

The benefits are a little better than average, but very pricey! I wish that the monthly premiums would decrease. It would really be nice if they offered Aflac insurance.

Keep up the good work. You make this a wonderful place to spend 8 hours a day. 9 years with WTH and hopefully many more to come :)

There are newer employer reviews for World Travel Holdings