World Travel Holdings

www.wth.com
  www.wth.com
There are newer employer reviews for World Travel Holdings

Work hard, engage others, get rewarded

I have been working at World Travel Holdings

Pros

Wonderful people, great work/life balance, great performance is greatly rewarded. Progressive management team, love seeing that they are hiring more management positions from outside the company. promoting from within is great, when you have the talent, but it's also important to mix it up and bring in fresh sets of eyes now and again. I think there have been three external management hires in the last few months and I think it's about time!

Cons

There is quite a variety of folks -there are some amazing sales people with great attitudes and there are mediocre to bad ones who get frustrated because they want the benefits of being a great sales person without actually being one. If you aren't a great sales person or you dont like selling, I don't recommend entry level call center positions at WTH, it's not likely you will be happy as it is a performance driven environment.

Stop spending so much time/money trying to figure out scheduling and focus on other benefits for employees. The scheduling is what it is, so create things that make the crappy scheduling worth staying for. Better medical benefits, more recognition, or more travel opportunities. (just thoughts, there are many other options, i am sure) The way scheduling works is constantly changing because it has to - fine, just say what it is. People wont leave because of it if there are other things that make it worth staying. I think the brain power invested in all the focus groups and questions about how to schedule better would be better used thinking of ways to show love to the employees.

86 Other Employee Reviews for World Travel Holdings (View Most Recent)

Its not what I thought it would be, but it's a job.

I have been working at World Travel Holdings

Pros

Best reason to work here is because you want to work from home, your an excellent salesperson and or you want discounts on cruises.

Cons

It's funny I read this site before I took this job and I thought man this job could mean some opportunity for growth, money and benefits. I've always loved travel so it seemed like a great fit. Well let me tell you there where 25+ people in my training class and now there's about 8-10 left with 6 of them telling me personally how upset they are with this job. Take this job if you are already a salesperson and your able to sell anyone on anything,, don't take this job if you think your going to be trained on how to sell. You will be very disappointed with your pay check. Here's what they don't tell you in the interview or in training....your making usually about usually 10% of 10% of the total. Sometimes that's as little as $9, many times your not making anything at all except your hourly wage, which is $8. Let's face it people now a days want to book things online, so they call to get answers to questions than leave and book it themselves. Which not only do you not make money but you don't meet your conversion percentage. Oh, I almost forgot about the forced Overtime, that's makes for very unhappy employees. It's great working from home but you can make more at burger king flipping burgers with less stress. Why am I still here? Because I like working from home :)

Start telling new hires what its really like to work here! Stop sugar coding the job. Only a very small percentage of people are making the money you post in the job description. Just like only a very tiny number of rooms/sailings actually go for the prices you post online. Another crappy part of the job, explaining to people that what the see online isn't the actual cost...kinda makes it hard to sell something when people don't trust us.

Dissatisfied

I have been working at World Travel Holdings

Pros

It is work at home and you are not pressurized to keep taking calls. Get to spend more time to know the customers well.

Cons

It is sales that drives a perosn crazy. Every few minutes there is an email that boasts of people making 20K in sales. That puts a person off for the rest of the day. For every person tries their best to get that mark but is not always successful and that puts a question in your head ..are you not good enough?
    The schedule is killing. They ask you what schedule you prefer but that is not adhered to.
    They will give you 50hrs a week. It is fine for people who do not have a family, social circle, hobbies.
    When you sell it does not mean you will get that commission. At the end of pay period you will get the higher amount . So it is not your basic +commission.
    In short if you do not sell well you are stuck at $8/hr
    There are too many different products and many more get added each day.
    If you work late shifts then cruise lines and back office is closed so for any help you are on your own .

Try to distribute the commission pattern, and the products sold.
    Do not try to make people "Jack of all trades Master of none"

There are newer employer reviews for World Travel Holdings