World Travel Holdings

www.wth.com
There are newer employer reviews for World Travel Holdings

Too many cooks spoiling the broth!

Current Employee - Reservationist in Woburn, MA
Current Employee - Reservationist in Woburn, MA

I have been working at World Travel Holdings

Pros

Travel benefits, decent hourly wage

Cons

The people who are Team Leads and Coaches are always critical and never have anything nice to say about anyone here. People are worried about job security. Managers are more concerned with public humiliation thru constant emails showing how badly you are doing in comparison to others. We are reminded to hurry and take calls while supervisors seem to have time to look for cartoon clip arts in their barrage of emails. People need to help out and stop reminding everyone how bad we are doing. If I had another option I would work somewhere else.Really poor communication between supervisors and employees and the company fired long-time employees to cut corners

Look at the constant number of emails sent by the same people everyday saying the same thing as their peers and tell them they need to jump in and help with the phones. Sending these constant spreadsheets out is not something that motivates, it attacks our worth as employees.

91 Other Employee Reviews for World Travel Holdings (View Most Recent)

Great people with a need for a leader that will really push the envelope.

Current Employee - Developer in Woburn, MA
    Current Employee - Developer in Woburn, MA

I have been working at World Travel Holdings

Pros

Smart people that care about one another and care about their business. They are passionate about their work, but they don't expect you to be married to your job. The management team has good travel experience (good and bad sometimes). The senior team respects and values the employees. They are very open to feedback and I feel like they value the contribution and ideas of every employee.

Cons

Management is not looking to innovate much. They are looking to tweak around the edges rather than build something remarkable.

The medical benefits are below average. The working space is far below average. There are no perks to speak of including travel perks.

dare to be different. shake up leadership that is not trying to change the game. Don't be afraid to get someone new into a key position even if they have to come from outside of travel. Find someone that has built a brand and has deep direct to consumer marketing experience. consider your value proposition more and your tactical performance metrics a little less. invest in your online user experience.

This workplace is best for people who love travel and don't need to make that much money.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Petaluma, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Petaluma, CA

I have been working at World Travel Holdings

Pros

Travel opportunities and supportive environment. Coworkers are friendly and willing to help. Management seems interested in employee feedback.

Cons

Mediocre pay and inconsistent leadership. They're having a tough time during the economic downturn. Growth opportunities are very limited.

Senior managment should keep communication with employees open. They should be flexible with schedules, travel opportunities and pay. It would be great if they could find new ways of attracting a larger market share.

There are newer employer reviews for World Travel Holdings