There are newer employer reviews for World Travel Holdings

Prepare yourself!

Former Employee - Travel Professional  in  Virginia Beach, VA
Former Employee - Travel Professional in Virginia Beach, VA

I worked at World Travel Holdings full-time for less than a year

Pros

You don't have to fight traffic to get to work. paid traing.

Cons

You have to provide a phone line for their use only. So much for saving gas on commuting to work, you will be paying the phone bill. Though they won't tell you to do it, it is expected that you will "learn" how to do this job on your own time. Thanks to modern technology you have access to learning tools 24/7. They show you quickly how to book cruises etc., but after they show you once you will have to refer to the videos that are available 24/7 to actually learn how to do it. Be prepared to ignore everything else in your life during training. They pass out extra work without any time to do it during work hours except for 10 minute down times while they are preparing the next topic of discussion. The first two weeks you must put lots more time than your 8 hours. I asked out of a class last year how many are left? My answer was "5 left out of 33". from what I was told by a service technician, they have 3 to 4 classes per year with an average of 27 in each class. Now I know why. the training is more like a 3 month college course squeezed into 6 weeks thanks to modern technology. You can do this job but be prepared to give it much more than the eight hours they want to pay you for.

Stop spending so much time teaching your new employees how to be salesman. We all were hired because of our expierience dealing with customers/clients. Allow your new hires to navigate your system and practice during training hours, not after hours.

67 Other Employee Reviews for World Travel Holdings (View Most Recent)

Good Company Continually changes with the times

Current Employee - Sales  in  Virginia Beach, VA
    Current Employee - Sales in Virginia Beach, VA

I have been working at World Travel Holdings full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Ability to forcast well the future of travel/ adjusts to the times

Cons

constant fluctuations of hours required for job. Always asking for shorter lunches or early outs

Keep more in touch with employees/ good job overall but some "upper management" staff do not excel in employee connections

Great Work at Home Career

Current Employee - Travel Consultant  in  Orlando, FL
    Current Employee - Travel Consultant in Orlando, FL

I have been working at World Travel Holdings full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The company is mostly comprised of virtual sales agents and working at home is a great perk. They provide all the equipment and the training is comprehensive and on going

Cons

The virtual environment can leave you feeling detached. The industry is seasonal and the pay is 100% commission so the slower seasons can be pretty brutal and if anything happens in the cruise industry to slow sales (Like a ship capsizing 1/2012) then the netire busy season can disappear making it an incredibly slow year.

Restructure the commission program to account for the slower seasons. Restructure the way consultants are promoted to expert and senior expert and revise the way that CCR reps are able to take a sale away from a travel pro.

There are newer employer reviews for World Travel Holdings

Worked for World Travel Holdings? Contribute to the Community!