There are newer employer reviews for World Travel Holdings

A good choice for the right individual.

Former Employee - Travel Pro in Virginia Beach, VA
Former Employee - Travel Pro in Virginia Beach, VA

I worked at World Travel Holdings full-time (less than an year)

Pros

They do what they say and deliver what they promise and are very clear on expectations if people pay attention. WTH has the potential to be a great place to work. What could be better than work at home in the travel industry? As one would expect with remote locations, they have a lot of tech issues. Their tech department is top notch and can get you back up and running in no time.

Cons

I was hired at least two month before the start date. I asked if there is anything that I can do to prepare and was told no. I was new to the travel industry and was eager to learn. So much could have been reviewed, and I would have, if focused and given guidance. Training is a 3 month college course crammed into a few weeks. I gladly did a lot of work outside of the paid hours but it was not enough. I felt the trainers quickly wrote off individuals they felt would not make the cut. I got a feeling that all the smiles and encouragement were not genuine, but they are in the sales industry so you cannot hold that against them.

Your hiring and training process cannot be inexpensive. You system must work or you would not conduct business in that manner. Were it my company, I would concentrate on screening potential and fully developing that talent. The position offered really can be a long term, rewarding career choice. That was my plan. All I needed and asked for but did not receive was more phone guidance when I went live. But that goes back to my earlier comment, “I felt the trainers quickly wrote off individuals they felt would not make the cut.”

71 Other Employee Reviews for World Travel Holdings (View Most Recent)

Not a Truly Remarkable Experience

Former Employee - Group Account Executive in Wilmington, MA
    Former Employee - Group Account Executive in Wilmington, MA

I worked at World Travel Holdings full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Good benefits, co workers are great, great travel benefits, take advantage of latest tech so agents can work from home and usually works 80% of the time, great tech department.

Cons

Customer / Agent complaints never addressed, upper management has no idea what manager of department is doing, current manager has degree in marketing but has never booked actual travel as an agent and has no idea of actual process, not sure why this person even has this position, manager implements processes that are useless, time consuming and does not enhance agent or client experience. Uses 3rd party company to host group registration websites to collect guest information , credit card info and billing info thus leaving guests open to huge security issues if anything were to ever happen with 3rd party companies site.

Hire a manager that actually nows about booking travel as an agent, your group department should be as automated as your individual in house reservation system is, you would have more productivity, much higher overall agent moral and be much more efficient

Great Travel company to work for

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I worked at World Travel Holdings full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

The people are great to work with. I was allowed the freedom to do my work without a supervisor constantly watching me.

Cons

I think the outlook of the travel industry is slowly declining. The pay was alright. I enjoyed my job but I wish there was a little more upward mobility.

I believe that the senior management cares and trying their best.

There are newer employer reviews for World Travel Holdings