There are newer employer reviews for World Travel Holdings

Customer Care Representative

Current Employee - Customer Care Representative in Orlando, FL
Current Employee - Customer Care Representative in Orlando, FL

I have been working at World Travel Holdings full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Travel Benefits, they will train you, meet awesome people. They value volunteering, they support Make A Wish, good medical/dental benefits, can work from home.

Cons

Management gets bright ideas that don't work but is too prideful to admit they made a mistake.

See above.

71 Other Employee Reviews for World Travel Holdings (View Most Recent)

Not as good as they make themselves look

I have been working at World Travel Holdings full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

If you have young children working from home helps save money on daycare and such

Cons

Where to start??? When your applying for employment it seems this company is a great place to work. Once you get out of training you realize it isn't as great as they made it seem. you get 3 weeks of training and that does not teach the new employees all they need so we do a lot of clean up work for them. Because they offer benefits you get excited because now your going to receive medical, dental and vision. Well when you start to use your benefits you realize you are paying $300 for benefits that you must meet a $2000.00 deductible before the insurance will pay. So you spend a lot of out of pocket expenses that could or would be avoided if they had real benefits. They train you for one position (again they under train) and when they start to add new features like hotel, flights car rentals and shore excursions, they gave you 1 or 2 hours of training online. What is that suppose to do for us? Not everyone can learn 2 new programs in just 2 hours plus you don't want to give us more money to do more work!!! You hired us to do cruises I understand you want to make more money so why not either hire new employees for your new business purposes or train us better and pay us for the work. More money is coming into the business yet the people in the front lines aren't getting raises while corporate is sitting back enjoying the money.

If you would like to go part-time you have to tell them why you need to do it, if you need a day off they want to know why. Why should I tell you? I have my PTO hours so let me use them. Why should we have to tell you about our personal/private lives?

Do you know how many new hires quit before they even make it to 6 months? They start with a training class of 25 and by the time 6 months arrive they have 10 or less left from that same training class.

A lot of employees don't like working there however with the economy the way it is we are blessed to have a employment. I bet if we could we would all leave and all the experienced and I mean experienced employees would of left years ago yet we stay cause we have bills and families to take care of while WTH is screwing us over

If you read this and still don't know how to fix it than you need better management. The CEO's need to take a look at this. I believe if we could take anonymous surveys regrinding how we feel about the company Brad and Jeff would be shocked. I bet your turnover rates are not good

A good choice for the right individual.

Former Employee - Travel Pro in Virginia Beach, VA
    Former Employee - Travel Pro in Virginia Beach, VA

I worked at World Travel Holdings full-time (less than an year)

Pros

They do what they say and deliver what they promise and are very clear on expectations if people pay attention. WTH has the potential to be a great place to work. What could be better than work at home in the travel industry? As one would expect with remote locations, they have a lot of tech issues. Their tech department is top notch and can get you back up and running in no time.

Cons

I was hired at least two month before the start date. I asked if there is anything that I can do to prepare and was told no. I was new to the travel industry and was eager to learn. So much could have been reviewed, and I would have, if focused and given guidance. Training is a 3 month college course crammed into a few weeks. I gladly did a lot of work outside of the paid hours but it was not enough. I felt the trainers quickly wrote off individuals they felt would not make the cut. I got a feeling that all the smiles and encouragement were not genuine, but they are in the sales industry so you cannot hold that against them.

Your hiring and training process cannot be inexpensive. You system must work or you would not conduct business in that manner. Were it my company, I would concentrate on screening potential and fully developing that talent. The position offered really can be a long term, rewarding career choice. That was my plan. All I needed and asked for but did not receive was more phone guidance when I went live. But that goes back to my earlier comment, “I felt the trainers quickly wrote off individuals they felt would not make the cut.”

There are newer employer reviews for World Travel Holdings