There are newer employer reviews for World Travel Holdings

Not what they tell you it is - Sell more and get paid less

Current Employee - Travel Pro
Current Employee - Travel Pro

I have been working at World Travel Holdings

Pros

Your associates. They make it worth coming in

Cons

The company has gone against all of the other competition's policies in place to generate business during this economy. . Raising administrative and processing fees while others are eliminating them, increasing margin share by one quarter of one percent while charging back 35% of any discounts to the agents. finding something wrong about every call we are monitored on. Marketing is sometimes purposely deceptive and aimed at what the industry calls bottom feeders. When they find out they are not getting a $400 credit on a $150 cruise, they hang up. This has a negative effect on our compensation as our conversion decreases making us ineligible for bonus.

Spend a day on the phones trying to book some of these calls using the "customer connection" in place.

reviews filtered by
  1. Too many cooks spoiling the broth!

Current Employee - Reservationist in Woburn, MA
    Current Employee - Reservationist in Woburn, MA

I have been working at World Travel Holdings

Pros

Travel benefits, decent hourly wage

Cons

The people who are Team Leads and Coaches are always critical and never have anything nice to say about anyone here. People are worried about job security. Managers are more concerned with public humiliation thru constant emails showing how badly you are doing in comparison to others. We are reminded to hurry and take calls while supervisors seem to have time to look for cartoon clip arts in their barrage of emails. People need to help out and stop reminding everyone how bad we are doing. If I had another option I would work somewhere else.Really poor communication between supervisors and employees and the company fired long-time employees to cut corners

Look at the constant number of emails sent by the same people everyday saying the same thing as their peers and tell them they need to jump in and help with the phones. Sending these constant spreadsheets out is not something that motivates, it attacks our worth as employees.

Great people with a need for a leader that will really push the envelope.

Current Employee - Developer in Woburn, MA
    Current Employee - Developer in Woburn, MA

I have been working at World Travel Holdings

Pros

Smart people that care about one another and care about their business. They are passionate about their work, but they don't expect you to be married to your job. The management team has good travel experience (good and bad sometimes). The senior team respects and values the employees. They are very open to feedback and I feel like they value the contribution and ideas of every employee.

Cons

Management is not looking to innovate much. They are looking to tweak around the edges rather than build something remarkable.

The medical benefits are below average. The working space is far below average. There are no perks to speak of including travel perks.

dare to be different. shake up leadership that is not trying to change the game. Don't be afraid to get someone new into a key position even if they have to come from outside of travel. Find someone that has built a brand and has deep direct to consumer marketing experience. consider your value proposition more and your tactical performance metrics a little less. invest in your online user experience.

There are newer employer reviews for World Travel Holdings