World Travel Holdings

Good place to work

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Woburn, MA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Woburn, MA

I have been working at World Travel Holdings

Pros

Great opportunities for professional growth in a fun industry. Focused on selling a great product and get to work on some great brands.

Cons

In the past there were layoffs, which may be why there are some bad reviews, but now the company is healthy, growing and people who are here stay here

Pay could be improved

86 Other Employee Reviews for World Travel Holdings (View Most Recent)

Not what they tell you it is - Sell more and get paid less

Current Employee - Travel Pro
    Current Employee - Travel Pro

I have been working at World Travel Holdings

Pros

Your associates. They make it worth coming in

Cons

The company has gone against all of the other competition's policies in place to generate business during this economy. . Raising administrative and processing fees while others are eliminating them, increasing margin share by one quarter of one percent while charging back 35% of any discounts to the agents. finding something wrong about every call we are monitored on. Marketing is sometimes purposely deceptive and aimed at what the industry calls bottom feeders. When they find out they are not getting a $400 credit on a $150 cruise, they hang up. This has a negative effect on our compensation as our conversion decreases making us ineligible for bonus.

Spend a day on the phones trying to book some of these calls using the "customer connection" in place.

Too many cooks spoiling the broth!

Current Employee - Reservationist in Woburn, MA
    Current Employee - Reservationist in Woburn, MA

I have been working at World Travel Holdings

Pros

Travel benefits, decent hourly wage

Cons

The people who are Team Leads and Coaches are always critical and never have anything nice to say about anyone here. People are worried about job security. Managers are more concerned with public humiliation thru constant emails showing how badly you are doing in comparison to others. We are reminded to hurry and take calls while supervisors seem to have time to look for cartoon clip arts in their barrage of emails. People need to help out and stop reminding everyone how bad we are doing. If I had another option I would work somewhere else.Really poor communication between supervisors and employees and the company fired long-time employees to cut corners

Look at the constant number of emails sent by the same people everyday saying the same thing as their peers and tell them they need to jump in and help with the phones. Sending these constant spreadsheets out is not something that motivates, it attacks our worth as employees.

There are newer employer reviews for World Travel Holdings