World Travel Holdings

www.wth.com
  www.wth.com
There are newer employer reviews for World Travel Holdings

I like it here, you can always leave if you want to.

I have been working at World Travel Holdings

Pros

Fun environment, friendly people, new technology, not a lot of micromanagement, "breaks" are allowed whenever as long as calls are not holding, always trying to better the employees & looking for feedback

Cons

I don't think there is a lot of recognition for the non sales agents. If you are not senior management, no one knows who you are or what you do. The medical plan is kind of crummy too.

Take a look at your people behind the scenes. Not just "management". Some of us work long & hard hours but it goes unnoticed.

82 Other Employee Reviews for World Travel Holdings (View Most Recent)

World Travel Holdings is a great place to work overall

I have been working at World Travel Holdings

Pros

It is a great company to work. It is a solid company, even threw the recent economic times. Even though it was hard for the company to ask all except employees to take a 2 week furlough, WTH also provide a way for each employee to earn the money back. The company did their best making sure front line employees were not impacted. Definitely has some smart people that are enjoyable to work with - thumbs up here! As with most companies, there are issues. However overall it is a great company to work.
    WTH does try to provide a balance between your needs and the needs of the business. Working for a Travel Company that is open 365 days a year 7 days a week, there will always be employees that are not happy. Which is very confusing to me because all the information regarding operational hours are discussed in detail during the interview process. Did they think they were above the law? I completed understood that I would be low in terms of seniority. In a sales or service environment you have to actual perform and be a team player.
    It you are a hard worker, like working with good people and are able to see opportunity you will do well here. If you spend most of your time thinking it's about being the bosses’ pet and complaining you won't like it here.

Cons

Recently they have employeed to many "you owe me" people. What happen to actually working towards respect and maybe opporunties would come their way.

The management team can be too reactive at times. There are company changes that occur every 6 months. This can be very hard on people to adjust too.

Fun place to work, The agents that have been around a long time LOVE TO GRIPE though!

Current Employee - Agent in Virginia Beach, VA
    Current Employee - Agent in Virginia Beach, VA

I have been working at World Travel Holdings

Pros

It really is a fun place to work for nice people who love the travel business. I've been impressed so far (18 months)

Cons

I guess there has been a lot of change in the travel industry over the last couple years. There's been a lot of change in the WORLD over the last couple of years. The older agents (old in years with the co. not age) always gripe about it not being "like it used to be"! They havent figured it out that things change and if you can change with it you get ahead! If you can't be happy then shut up or go find another job! If they were more positive then good things be happening for them.

invest in better technology