There are newer employer reviews for World Travel Holdings

I loved it, but working virtually is difficult

Former Employee - Travel Pro
Former Employee - Travel Pro

I worked at World Travel Holdings

Pros

Best health benefits I've had with any employer, amazing travel perks, solid training program, good support, ongoing training and ease in getting time off.

Cons

Working virtually I felt less recognized that I would have if I worked in an office environment. Straight out of training I was in the top 10% with my overall sales numbers but I was frustrated that there wasn't anyone I felt could truly vouch for me as an individual or could mentor me to move forward in the organization. I loved the company and was working on my MBA when I was there and I wish I had instead worked someplace that would have helped me move forward in my career. I took a few cruises and had fun though :)

Advice to Management

I think I pretty much voiced my concerns with the company. There are great people working at WTH but either working virtually wasn't for me or there is some work to be done to make virtual employees truly feel like they have the opportunity to advance their careers there.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. A good company to work for but unclear of goals and current supervisors pretend to work and do nothing.

I have been working at World Travel Holdings

Pros

World Travel Holdings offer a decent benefit package especially decent considering today's economy. The people that work for this company are like one big family and look out for each other. I do like how instead of having to pass a customer from one department to the next we can assist a customer with Sales and Service; although, specializing in service can be lost if you are too busy trying to sell.

Cons

Senior management and supervisors (not all) but quite a few should be become actors and actresses. Maybe if they actually worked and supported their teams with feedback good or bad it would help to develop skills and motivate their employees. Also, senior members ask for feedback regarding systems and ways the company may improve the overall customer experience, it goes in one ear and out the other. Why waste employee’s time asking for their feedback if they are not going to use it or at least give updates on what we've requested? There are too many members of management not working and getting paid for it.

Advice to Management

Stop allowing some employees to get away with calling out all the time or coming in late all the time. It is completely and utterly shocking how someone that can never show up on time and always calls out for any excuse major or minor can be considered top three ranking on a team. Something is not right with that picture. The quality of some employees work is being overlooked because members of management are too busy showboating and pretending to work. Management, please pay better attention to your team members by reviewing their work and providing feedback. Also, tighten the reins when it comes to consistently being tardy and calling out. These actions take a toll on the rest of the team. Try actually listening to the feedback we give about the current systems and how they might be improved and please do not lose focus on specializing in quality service to our customers.

good company- depends on your role and your supervisor

I worked at World Travel Holdings full-time

Pros

Excellent travel discounts, great people, those in non-agent/corporate roles have flexibility and better pay. Ability to work from home. Helping people book a dream vacation.

Cons

Lack of work/life balance in agent positions - have to work at least one weekend day, strict attendance policy. A lot of unhappy people based on changing priorities within the company. Unhappy customers can be tough to deal with.

Advice to Management

Stop playing favorites, teach the team leads and sales management to have a little more tact and compassion when dealing with people. You've lost a lot of good people over the years, many could have been prevented if you would have cared a bit more.