World Travel Holdings

www.wth.com
  www.wth.com
There are newer employer reviews for World Travel Holdings

They don't pay well!!, the more you know they change your banding and your pay decreases

Current Employee - Travel Pro
Current Employee - Travel Pro

I have been working at World Travel Holdings

Pros

To have a job, do a couple of ship tours, eat the food on tours.....thats the only perk you'll recieve.

Cons

Alot of micro managing and ass kissing, they treat you like a race horse!!! the scheduling sucks and changes every three months.

They dont pay well, the more you know about selling cruises and learn the ships. They force you to change your banding to get more commission, this is done when its the busy periods so you can think your making more money!!!....They are nothing but Hustlers!!

86 Other Employee Reviews for World Travel Holdings (View Most Recent)

I loved it, but working virtually is difficult

Former Employee - Travel Pro
    Former Employee - Travel Pro

I worked at World Travel Holdings

Pros

Best health benefits I've had with any employer, amazing travel perks, solid training program, good support, ongoing training and ease in getting time off.

Cons

Working virtually I felt less recognized that I would have if I worked in an office environment. Straight out of training I was in the top 10% with my overall sales numbers but I was frustrated that there wasn't anyone I felt could truly vouch for me as an individual or could mentor me to move forward in the organization. I loved the company and was working on my MBA when I was there and I wish I had instead worked someplace that would have helped me move forward in my career. I took a few cruises and had fun though :)

I think I pretty much voiced my concerns with the company. There are great people working at WTH but either working virtually wasn't for me or there is some work to be done to make virtual employees truly feel like they have the opportunity to advance their careers there.

A good company to work for but unclear of goals and current supervisors pretend to work and do nothing.

I have been working at World Travel Holdings

Pros

World Travel Holdings offer a decent benefit package especially decent considering today's economy. The people that work for this company are like one big family and look out for each other. I do like how instead of having to pass a customer from one department to the next we can assist a customer with Sales and Service; although, specializing in service can be lost if you are too busy trying to sell.

Cons

Senior management and supervisors (not all) but quite a few should be become actors and actresses. Maybe if they actually worked and supported their teams with feedback good or bad it would help to develop skills and motivate their employees. Also, senior members ask for feedback regarding systems and ways the company may improve the overall customer experience, it goes in one ear and out the other. Why waste employee’s time asking for their feedback if they are not going to use it or at least give updates on what we've requested? There are too many members of management not working and getting paid for it.

Stop allowing some employees to get away with calling out all the time or coming in late all the time. It is completely and utterly shocking how someone that can never show up on time and always calls out for any excuse major or minor can be considered top three ranking on a team. Something is not right with that picture. The quality of some employees work is being overlooked because members of management are too busy showboating and pretending to work. Management, please pay better attention to your team members by reviewing their work and providing feedback. Also, tighten the reins when it comes to consistently being tardy and calling out. These actions take a toll on the rest of the team. Try actually listening to the feedback we give about the current systems and how they might be improved and please do not lose focus on specializing in quality service to our customers.

There are newer employer reviews for World Travel Holdings