There are newer employer reviews for World Wide Technology

A company that truly stands out in providing opportunities for young employees to grow

Former Intern - Supply Chain Intern in Saint Louis, MO
Former Intern - Supply Chain Intern in Saint Louis, MO

I worked at World Wide Technology as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

--Internship Program is deeply rooted in learning from current executives and truly learning what the company does on a day to day basis. There were meetings several times a month with VPs and even the President of the company to better understand the nature of the business and future opportunities. --Great flexibility within positions to create personal projects that benefit the company and provide invaluable experience. --True lack of walls standing between people of different levels in the company. Part-timers, interns, directors and even vice presidents communicate regularly and offer a sense of belonging and teamwork on all levels. --Most importantly the company doesn't just preach its core values, but actually lives by it. Those who believe in the core values prove to be long time employees who love their job, team and their work/life balance.

Cons

--More could be done to incorporate all of the interns together. The internship program itself separates the interns into teams based on department, therefore leaving very little interaction between interns of different departments. --Some first-time interns start directly in the corporate office and therefore do not understand the supply chain aspect (warehouse) of what the company does.

Advice to Management

Keep leading by the core values and recruiting hard working students while providing opportunities as the company continues its growth.

Other Employee Reviews for World Wide Technology

Great Company bad manager

Former Employee - Senior Middleware Engineer in Saint Louis, MO
    Former Employee - Senior Middleware Engineer in Saint Louis, MO

I worked at World Wide Technology full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great company policies, very employee friendly HR policies.

Cons

May be my isolated case but my manager was a nutcase, he was unmarried in mid thirties, I guess no family life and used to screw up the team all the time. Extreme case of micromanagement, out of 6 from the team 2 of us quit in 2 weeks just because of him. It really proves the point that employees don't quit companies, they quit managers.

Advice to Management

keep up the good work, but keep tab on bad apples (manager in this case), being workaholic is good for someone not be for others.

World Wide Technology truly is one of the best places to work.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at World Wide Technology full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Since the start of my position earlier this year, I have found a supportive environment that I have not known in other companies. This company is already helping me to further my career by allowing me to get additional certifications and possibly go back for my masters. This company builds everything they stand for one their Core Values. We have training on the Core Values. Reminders of the Core Values are everywhere in our organization. My two favorites are Honesty and Integrity and Passion. The upper management lives and breathes these values. It is not just a slogan, like at some companies, it is a way of working life. We have fun too. Things like Wii Dance Contest, friendly banter at board meetings, and group outings. WWT gives back to the community. All of our senior members are involved in charity work. The best thing is probably the open communication. Everyone here is so willing to help one another for the betterment of our company and our customers. It is a great feeling of being part of a family, not a team.

Cons

We are growing so fast it is hard to keep up with policies and procedures already in place.

Advice to Management

Keep up the excellent work. Do not change with the growth.