There are newer employer reviews for World Wide Technology

Absolutely the best company I have ever worked for.

Current Employee - Consulting Systems Engineer
Current Employee - Consulting Systems Engineer

I have been working at World Wide Technology full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Lives and breathes company culture. Phenomenal benefits, great leadership, great pay. Remote workers have flexible schedule without micro-management. Get you job done and everyone is happy!

Cons

There are a few employees that have not bought into the culture which makes working with them challenging. 90% of the people are great to work with and really share the common vision of the executive team.

Advice to Management

Continue the path. You are doing great!

reviews filtered by

Overall a good work experience until the last 3 years.

Former Employee - N/A in Maryland Heights, MO
    Former Employee - N/A in Maryland Heights, MO

I worked at World Wide Technology full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

The executive team always says that employees are their most valuable asset. That shows with great benefits, starting with the health insurance.

Cons

The "Core Values" that the executive team strives for do not mean the same thing company wide. To me, some departments use only a handful of the "Core Values" in the day to day operations of the company. Also, advancement is nearly impossible. It's not driven by what you know and how you do your job, it's based on who you know and if you party with department management. Some people get promoted based on how far they can have their nose in their bosses butt (stated very politely). Also, on occasion outside consultants have more say in how departments are run. Enough said!

Advice to Management

Core values need to mean the same along all lines of business and through departments

World Wide Technology Response

Jul 29, 2014Director of Human Resources

We appreciate the feedback. I'm sorry not all of your experiences with WWT were favorable. Thanks again.

Inside Sales Representative

Current Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Maryland Heights, MO
    Current Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Maryland Heights, MO

I have been working at World Wide Technology full-time (more than a year)

Pros

After 6 months at World Wide Technology, employees are allowed to work from home one day a week. After a year, that number jumps to two and three days a week of telecommuting. It works out to working 2.5 days a week from home, which is, of course, half of your work week. Telecommuting is a huge perk that increases productivity, satisfaction, lowers stress and saves workers on gas money. There are employee appreciation days at least once a quarter, and there is free lunch 2-3 days per week. Also, as a single person, I only pay $25 per month for health and dental insurance combined. The perks really are great here.

Cons

Employees are underpaid and raises are extremely hard to come by. The high-salary positions (Account Managers, Systems Engineers) all have at least 10-20 years of work experience under their belts, so moving into these positions is extremely difficult for younger employees. It is a growing company, so it seems like there should be a lot of room for upward mobility, but in my experience that has not been the case. Management attempts to keep their teams intact, so horizontal movement in the company is typically the only place to move. In fairness, I am in Sales Operations, and there are many other departments that could be different.

Advice to Management

Pay your employees more.

World Wide Technology Response

Jul 29, 2014Director of Human Resources

I'm glad you are enjoying the benefits of telecommuting! Thanks for your feedback on compensation. If you have questions about career growth, feel free to reach out to your management team, a ... More

There are newer employer reviews for World Wide Technology