There are newer employer reviews for World Wide Technology

Absolutely the best company I have ever worked for.

Current Employee - Consulting Systems Engineer
Current Employee - Consulting Systems Engineer

I have been working at World Wide Technology full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Lives and breathes company culture. Phenomenal benefits, great leadership, great pay. Remote workers have flexible schedule without micro-management. Get you job done and everyone is happy!

Cons

There are a few employees that have not bought into the culture which makes working with them challenging. 90% of the people are great to work with and really share the common vision of the executive team.

Continue the path. You are doing great!

100 Other Employee Reviews for World Wide Technology (View Most Recent)

Pathetic Culture, No vertical promotions,

I have been working at World Wide Technology full-time

Pros

Flexible and only because there is NO WORK.
    Good benefits.

Cons

Having 10 + years of experience, I was been told at the time of interview process that I will be promoted to Lead Role but when I got hired they shifted me SR. Custom Developer( Don't know the heck why they have custom in there). Also the guy (Director) who promised me and interviewed me is no longer there and was been fired. I have no way of telling my manager that he promised me.

There are few people who are here Lead roles but don't know English OR having zero communication skills. zero% soft skills. I will not ever recommended my friends to this company. Worst culture, Managers are highly technical that they don't want to code and don't have strategic decisions/vision towards their team :)

World Wide Technology Response

Aug 25, 2014Director of Human Resources

Hello and thanks for your feedback. If you haven't already, I encourage you to reach out to someone on WWT's leadership team or a member of Human Resources to discuss your concerns. Hopefully this ... More

Overall a good work experience until the last 3 years.

Former Employee - N/A in Maryland Heights, MO
    Former Employee - N/A in Maryland Heights, MO

I worked at World Wide Technology full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

The executive team always says that employees are their most valuable asset. That shows with great benefits, starting with the health insurance.

Cons

The "Core Values" that the executive team strives for do not mean the same thing company wide. To me, some departments use only a handful of the "Core Values" in the day to day operations of the company. Also, advancement is nearly impossible. It's not driven by what you know and how you do your job, it's based on who you know and if you party with department management. Some people get promoted based on how far they can have their nose in their bosses butt (stated very politely). Also, on occasion outside consultants have more say in how departments are run. Enough said!

Core values need to mean the same along all lines of business and through departments

World Wide Technology Response

Jul 29, 2014Director of Human Resources

We appreciate the feedback. I'm sorry not all of your experiences with WWT were favorable. Thanks again.

There are newer employer reviews for World Wide Technology