Tyrany in the ring

Former Employee - Assistant in Stamford, CT
Former Employee - Assistant in Stamford, CT

I worked at World Wrestling Entertainment

Pros

Smiles on childrens faces when they get to meet their favorite wrestler. The charity work that the company does is definately a good thing. Perks like tickets to events and merchandise for family members that are fans is also a great thing. People do always think it is pretty cool when they here I used to work there.

Cons

Lack of pay, job security and management that swears and yells at their employees constantly. Numerous staff members were in tears daily and they were the good workers! They don't appreciate the work/family value system because the owners families are all working there. It's all about the business.

Advice to Management

It's your staff that is making YOU look good, they are the ones doing the work and coming up with all the great ideas - appreciate them once in a while or at least say thank you or give them the credit for one thing once in a while.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Dynamic, exciting, and only for the best and brightest

I have been working at World Wrestling Entertainment (More than 3 years)

Pros

I've read all of the other reviews, and I can assure you that most of these people are bottom 10% performers and that's why they are on here whining. WWE is not an easy place to work, but it's fun and exciting. If you want a 9-5 job, good luck finding that in the Entertainment Industry. WWE is truly a dynamic place to work with no shortage of challenges and opportunities. WWE is a place that prides itself on hard work and A+ performers. If you like a challenge, are confident and smart, then WWE might be a great fit for you. And if you're not having any fun it's your own fault! I love it here!

Cons

I'll agree that work-life balance can be a challenge here. It's not always like that, but there's always a lot to accomplish. The trade-off is the experience you will gain and the opportunities for promotion are there if you're good (and not "afraid" to challenge the status-quo as some others have indicated). Don't come here if you expect not to be challenged daily and pushed to do better than you ever have before.

Advice to Management

Examine the work-life balance issue and work with your employees to create a mutually beneficial balance.

Avoid. Avoid. Avoid.

I worked at World Wrestling Entertainment full-time

Pros

Hm, well, they pay well (see list of "cons" for reasons why) Nice gym You can get tickets to events - if you're into that sort of thing

Cons

So, I don't think the managers here understand what quality of life is. They may not have any friends outside of work, that makes me sad, but also makes this a pretty crappy place to work. You may like working 20 hours a day, I just think you are an idiot. Upper management is fully of idiots (mostly). Dumb decision after dumb decision and its never there fault, its always the lower levels Fear of losing your job. All. The. Time. paralyzes staff from doing anything (see point #2)

Advice to Management

Get your head out of your ass? Learn from other people? Stop being jerks? Understand that you don't know everything and can actually benefit from input?