WorldFish Center

www.worldfishcenter.org
There are newer employer reviews for WorldFish Center

Great learning experience

I have been working at WorldFish Center as an intern

Pros

I had direct exposure to senior directors, great mentoring, and a great learning experience, though that may have been specific to my position. It was a project based position and I had full responsibility for the whole project assignment to me, but bi-weekly support with my boss who adjusted the project as needed. A great work experience.

Cons

I didn't have any office space, so I worked remotely. But that was okay with me.

3 Other Employee Reviews for WorldFish Center (View Most Recent)

Good platform to start a career in research for fresh graduates and experienced hires. HQ is at Batu Maung.

Former Employee - Research Assistant in Ayer Itam (Malaysia)
    Former Employee - Research Assistant in Ayer Itam (Malaysia)

I worked at WorldFish Center as a contractor (more than an year)

Pros

Good working environment with staff from different background and countries. The office is in a beautifully landscaped environment. Work culture is generally good although it differs from one department to the other.

Cons

Research assistant is based on a contractual basis. No job stability, although if there is adequate funding, there could be a possible career progression in research at the international level.

Please invest to nurture more Malaysian researchers to the level of scientist.

Good Working Environment

I have been working at WorldFish Center full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Working with friendly people and beautiful environment. Flexible and provide learning opportunity.

Cons

High turnover rate causing the project handover is unclear and confusing.

The future policy to upgrade national research staff to senior level, or provide opportunity to further study or education. Stagnant career opportunity will result in high turnover rate. Keeping an experienced and dedicated staff is an asset to the center. Research is a long term process.

There are newer employer reviews for WorldFish Center