WorldQuant

www.worldquant.com
  www.worldquant.com
There are newer employer reviews for WorldQuant

WorldQuant is an excellent place to work and provides me with a very well balanced and well nurtured work culture.

Current Employee - Quantitative Researcher
Current Employee - Quantitative Researcher

I have been working at WorldQuant

Pros

First, the whole firm is one giant team and there is a lot of collaborative effort going into the things we're doing here. This provides me with a great learning opportunity. Second, the amount of creative freedom I have at WorldQuant, I don't think I'd get the same level of freedom and motivation elsewhere. Thirdly, every process in the firm is quantified and transparent, be it how the bonus is decided or be it the rating system. This avoids any corporate red-tape within the firm and promotes openness which I really admire about this firm. Lastly, from the moment you join the firm, you have the option of choosing your mentors and stand to gain from the advice of well seasoned professionals who are usually the seniors in the firm as well as the senior management.

Cons

One downside could be that the job involves active research and it is very easy to get stressed if one keeps pushing too hard to get results. I myself came to this stage sometime back and realized that it's more about the efforts. Results take time to come but once they fructify, you are handsomely rewarded with commensurate bonus.

It has been a great experience working at WorldQuant so far and I hope to be able to create value for the firm for many years to come. I really appreciate the motivation, guidance and encouragement you guys have provided so far.

32 Other Employee Reviews for WorldQuant (View Most Recent)

It is a dynamic and stimulating environment.

I have been working at WorldQuant

Pros

At WorldQuant, every day brings a new challenge. The work is fascinating. The atmosphere is intensely focused. The staff is top notch. Compensation is mostly performance based.

Cons

The pace is unrelenting. The pressure never lets up. WorldQuant employees live, eat, and breathe their work. There is no room for mediocrity.

Continue expanding the staff, hiring top performers with experience in industry-leading firms and fresh graduates from top schools. Provide financial rewards and promotions to employees who demonstrate excellence.

Excellent place for those who are smart and work hard

I have been working at WorldQuant

Pros

There are many very smart and successful colleagues. So, for a motivated new hire, it is an excellent place to learn from some of the best in this business. The company offers plenty of opportunities and flexibility for motivated employees to learn new knowledge. The company gives excellent rewards to those who make strong contributions.

Cons

Flexibility in work place also implies that one has to have strong self discipline, so you can spend your time wisely, since you won't be told what to do on a daily basis.

During the recruiting process, make sure candidates know that it will take both strong self-discipline and much efforts to be successful in this company.

There are newer employer reviews for WorldQuant