There are newer employer reviews for WorldQuant

got full time job

Former Employee - Research Analyst
Former Employee - Research Analyst

I worked at WorldQuant full-time for less than a year

Pros

excellent people, good payment, nice managing staff

Cons

might be very competitive after getting the job

27 Other Employee Reviews for WorldQuant (View Most Recent)

Gives freedom to research and to bring out innovative ideas

I have been working at WorldQuant full-time

Pros

Gives freedom to research and to bring out innovative ideas

Cons

There is a segregation of different parts of the actual trading operations.

Give people a greater sense of involvement in the trading operation.

WorldQuant is an excellent place to work and provides me with a very well balanced and well nurtured work culture.

Current Employee - Quantitative Researcher
    Current Employee - Quantitative Researcher

I have been working at WorldQuant

Pros

First, the whole firm is one giant team and there is a lot of collaborative effort going into the things we're doing here. This provides me with a great learning opportunity. Second, the amount of creative freedom I have at WorldQuant, I don't think I'd get the same level of freedom and motivation elsewhere. Thirdly, every process in the firm is quantified and transparent, be it how the bonus is decided or be it the rating system. This avoids any corporate red-tape within the firm and promotes openness which I really admire about this firm. Lastly, from the moment you join the firm, you have the option of choosing your mentors and stand to gain from the advice of well seasoned professionals who are usually the seniors in the firm as well as the senior management.

Cons

One downside could be that the job involves active research and it is very easy to get stressed if one keeps pushing too hard to get results. I myself came to this stage sometime back and realized that it's more about the efforts. Results take time to come but once they fructify, you are handsomely rewarded with commensurate bonus.

It has been a great experience working at WorldQuant so far and I hope to be able to create value for the firm for many years to come. I really appreciate the motivation, guidance and encouragement you guys have provided so far.

There are newer employer reviews for WorldQuant

Worked for WorldQuant? Contribute to the Community!