A Great Environment For Personal and Professional Growth

I have been working at Worldwide Express

Pros

Worldwide Express is a great place to work for those looking to either begin or continue their professional career. Endless opportunity for advancement, awarded training programs, excellent inter-departmental communication and a strong sense of family within the company make Worldwide Express attractive to any business professional. The performance expectation is high, however this is juxtaposed with a reward system that recognizes and compensates those that strive for excellence. Plus there's nothing like building and maintaining your own book of business!

Cons

The first month can be very demanding and personal feedback from the management level can be difficult, however this is only to help motivate employees to reach their full potential. Starting wages are not fantastic, but advancement comes quick for those willing and able to put forth their best effort.

Advice to Management

More direct feedback and/or suggestions for improvement from the senior management level to new employees.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Not horrible, but there are better entry-level sales jobs out there.

Former Employee - Account Executive
    Former Employee - Account Executive

I worked at Worldwide Express

Pros

Good training program - really helps you learn how to sell. There is: Basic Sales training - which is pretty tough (you have to memorize the sales script and repeat it verbatim in front of the entire training class); Advanced Sales training - this is MUCH more relaxed and helps you learn better sales tactics; and ACE training - this is the best training and is the smallest class. You have to be invited to this training based on your performance, but it is extremely beneficial.

Cons

Overall, this job is really tough and both the pay and benefits do not match the amount of work you put into it.

In my experience, I was ridiculously micro-manged because the boss always wanted to know where we were and what we were doing every moment of the day. I had to be at work at 8 am sharp and was not allowed to leave until we were finished recapping our day (every sales rep, the manager, and franchise owner) which typically did not end until 6 or 6:30 pm.

Also, the base pay is $30,000 and they give you a car/cell phone allowance of $300. This "allowance" does not change based on the economy (gas prices rising) or your territory. Therefore, if you gas up 3 x's a week to cover your territory, you're paying for it out of pocket... so really that $30,000 is probably closer to $28,000. And once you finally start making commission, you only get 10% of the margin dollars of the sale. I've heard other franchises offer more.... but it really doesn't move the needle much regardless.

And, yes you have to give out your personal cell phone number to customers. So, if your customer has a problem on a Saturday or Sunday morning.. or even at 9:00 at night when the customer service team is out.... they call YOU - with all their lovely complaints... so you really can end up working 24/7.. it's ridiculous.

You also do not get vacation time for a year. Once you finally are allotted vacation you get 1 week....and they also make you feel extremely guilty if you ever need a sick day. My franchise only offered health insurance - no dental or vision.... so that's another thing you pay out of pocket for.

All that, plus you work your ass off every. single. day.... Cold calling every single door to get leads and desperately hoping that you get to meet someone will will take an appointment with you so upper management doesn't chew you out. It's rough.

You never work with existing customers for upsell opportunities- only new customers via cold calling. So that makes this position much more difficult than other sales jobs.

Advice to Management

Chill out on the micromanaging and let the numbers do the talking. Also, if you want to keep your employees, offer them decent benefits and for the love of God.... please take the rise in gas prices into consideration when allotting a "gas allowance" to employees.

2. Worldwide Express has exceeded my expectations from day one.

Current Employee - Senior Account Executive
    Current Employee - Senior Account Executive

I have been working at Worldwide Express

Pros

I've been with WWE for over 10 years now. I think that by itself tells you what my feelings and thoughts are about this organization. If you like to make excuses, have self pity, or want to be mediocre in life, this isn't the place for you. If you want to be successful, control your future, and have financial success, this is one heck of a company to do that with. The biggest pro is the business model. There are only 2 companies in the entire USA that can legally resell UPS. We're one of them. We only have one competitor in Fed Ex. How many people can say that? How many people can say they work in a duopoly?

Cons

Not the right place for slackers, people looking for shortcuts in life, or non-motivated individuals.