Worldwide Express

Great Entry Level Sales Job and Experience

Former Employee - Account Executive  in  Seattle, WA
Former Employee - Account Executive in Seattle, WA

I worked at Worldwide Express full-time for more than a year

Pros

Training and Development was the best thing this job offered. Corporate and Local Management did a great job preparing me on how to sell in the real world. I used these skills to land my next job. I didn't want to leave Worldwide, but the opportunity was tremendous so I had to take it.

Cons

The cold calling can be tough at times. However, if you have a good Manager (like I did) who spends a lot of time with you in the field it makes it a lot better.

Corporate Management needs to arrange more company wide get togethers. The National Sales Conference is an amazing experience and I think you should offer more gatherings like that throughout the year.

119 Other Employee Reviews for Worldwide Express (View Most Recent)

Great company.

Former Employee - OUTSIDE SALES  in  Fairfax, VA
    Former Employee - OUTSIDE SALES in Fairfax, VA

I worked at Worldwide Express full-time for more than a year

Pros

Very supportive upper management and excellent compensations plans. Excellent training program when I went through it and it is continuous as you advance in the company. They promote from within and its a great place for young recent grads as far as atmosphere in the office.

Cons

Its a lot of cold calling and pounding the pavement (if you consider that a con). High amount of initial rejection from business owners, must have a thick skin. Some territory's are not as plentiful as others which could affect earning potential. Managers can differ in personalities and in sales its important for the reps and manager to click for everyone to be successful and happy. The training program is not as well known and underrated when compared to larger companies that hire recent grads (ADP, Manpower), It's comparable to Semi Pro vs Pro, but that is case by case and depends on the company and person you interview with as to how they view past training from other companies. Overall I felt the training I received at World Wide in 05 helped in a significant way shape how I approach many aspects of the business world and they still work for me today.

I don't remember much emphasis on price margin setting during the training sessions I attended, and that could have explained why a majority of the reps were well below a 30% margin and often low 20%. I would start the process of teaching how/why to just beat a competitor price instead of killing it in training.

Joining the Worldwide Express team was, and still is, the best professional decision I have ever made.

Current Employee - Major Account Executive  in  Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - Major Account Executive in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Worldwide Express full-time for more than a year

Pros

I've worked for Worldwide for 2 years now, and we have a culture unlike any other company I've ever seen. There is a huge support system, the teams (on both a national and local level) are awesome, and I love going to work every single day. From a financial standpoint, we have an uncapped earning potential. As long as you're willing to put the time in, the payoff is huge. It is also a very training intensive atmosphere, and the training is second to none. When you perform well, there is very quick upward mobility. Not only do people move up quickly, but it's an almost entirely promote from within environment. There's something really cool about knowing that your managers/VP's/etc were all at some point where you are now. My favorite thing about WWEX is that I always knew I talked too much, now I just get paid to do it!

Cons

If you aren't wiling to work hard then this definitely isn't the place for you. You truly do get what you give. Sometimes the hours are long, but the rewards that come from all the hard work are more than worth it.

Keep doing what you're doing!

There are newer employer reviews for Worldwide Express

Worked for Worldwide Express? Contribute to the Community!