Great place to work

Current Employee - Training in Halifax, NS (Canada)
Current Employee - Training in Halifax, NS (Canada)

I have been working at Worldwide Flight Services full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The experience is like non other

Cons

Working with people from different back grounds

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Upper Management may be fair & good but people operating sub-contractual ofcs needed to be check and survey

I worked at Worldwide Flight Services

Pros

Globally recognized and work stability

Cons

PLEASE let your employees send their feedback to upper management most especially those people you hire for sub-contract operations mgr who have no management background whatsoever but with only ground airlines experience. LISTEN for once!. This person who runs your operations in CID has to be OBJECTIVE not SUBJECTIVE. We pay for union to listen to us and take care of us. Surprise a visit and you shall see. Interview your people and listen to what they have to say. I was reading the handbook for employees before I left WFS but I know most are applicable to full time employees. Nevertheless, none of those are practice in CID. Hear their VOICES! My friends are still working there part-time and still singing same old tune. If the economy is better in USA, I doubt if WFS will have people working for you. People just need jobs today.

Advice to Management

WHEN ARE YOU GOING TO HEAR AND LISTEN TO US!

2. Great stepping stone into the airline industry, but company needs to learn how to treat employees better

Former Employee - Ramp Agent Lead
    Former Employee - Ramp Agent Lead

I worked at Worldwide Flight Services

Pros

Great people that you work with, if you show that you are a good worker and know how to do your job well, you will move up very fast. Overall it is a great experience putting people and their bags on planes and charter flights.

Cons

Management does not respect the little guy. If you are not good at your job but kiss the behinds of upper management you will move up. Poor starting pay. Turnover is through the roof. Equipment keeps breaking. Company keeps taking on contracts when they can barely run one smoothly.

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees, they might have a good idea every once in a while. Stop hiring people and saying that hours are cut. Stop adding extra workload to employees and cutting some back on job tasks. Stop having insorbent's right the schedules. Bring up starting pay and tell employees they are doing a good job, they might stick around longer that way