Wounded Warrior Project

Engaged Employer

Now I'm Wounded

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

I worked at Wounded Warrior Project full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Warriors and their families are amazing!

Cons

There is no way they are the top non-profit to work for. If you have an opinion and a brain, don't bother - they want people who will blindly follow.

Advice to Management

You aren't paying attention to the right people - your worker bees. Your EVP's suck and some don't have any integrity whatsoever. Learn a little integrity!

Other Employee Reviews for Wounded Warrior Project

Coordinator

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I have been working at Wounded Warrior Project full-time (More than a year)

Pros

WWP has an amazing mission, where if the passion is applied correctly, the results are beyond rewarding. Obviously a veteran-friendly atmosphere, with a number of staff being registered Alum as well. Great deal of trust and autonomy placed at every level of the organization, from c-level executives way down to the program staff in the field-- and thus, amazing opportunities for young staff to gain invaluable experience that comparable positions in other organizations/companies would not. WWP also does highlight professional development, though this is solely dependent on the effort provided by each individual. Plenty of travel opportunities, whether for direct programming, professional training, or organization-wide outings. Benefits are comparable to other companies, and there are formal bonuses and pay raise scales.

Cons

My opinions are based on the perspective of being a regional/field-based program staff member. Work/Life imbalance and ultimately burning out are major areas of concern, and the organization is aware and sympathetic of these issues, but continue to not address them from an organization-level, allowing manager discretion. This is a viable solution, except it creates constant confusion. Travel is simultaneously a con, as field-work is not recommended for those with major responsibilities at home. Daily travel can amount from 30-60% depending on region and time of year, with overnight travel being slightly less. Currently, there are informal means of internal career progression, which hurts opportunities; the majority of mid-management positions being external hires. Compensation can be imbalanced-- THERE IS NO COST OF LIVING ADJUSTMENT. Whether the area is 60% or 150% compared to the national average, compensation is equal. Be weary of this if considering a position in an expensive area.

Advice to Management

Thank you actually to management who I think do as great of a job as they can with the resources and guidance available. How we have navigated the veteran services nonprofit realm has only made WWP successful-- and as WWP continues to grow, I heed to maintain our grassroots heritage and enthusiasm.

An amazing team working towards an amazing mission

Current Employee - Coordinator in Jacksonville, FL
    Current Employee - Coordinator in Jacksonville, FL

I have been working at Wounded Warrior Project full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

WWP is an amazing place to work. The mission drives your every move and the sense of team is absolutely incredible. The company dedicates time and training into their employees so they can grow and better serve each other and the injured service members. You can walk into any level at the organization and still have a voice that matters.

Cons

Heavy Workload: There is not enough time in the day to get everything done, however I love the fast paced environment. I work like crazy from 9-5 and it is not expected of me to work late. On a rare occasion I bring my work home, but that is not at all expected of me and it is my choice.

Advice to Management

Management - Keep doing what you are doing!