Wounded Warrior Project

Now I'm Wounded

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Jacksonville, FL
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

I worked at Wounded Warrior Project full-time for more than a year

Pros

Warriors and their families are amazing!

Cons

There is no way they are the top non-profit to work for. If you have an opinion and a brain, don't bother - they want people who will blindly follow.

You aren't paying attention to the right people - your worker bees. Your EVP's suck and some don't have any integrity whatsoever. Learn a little integrity!

12 Other Employee Reviews for Wounded Warrior Project (View Most Recent)

Challenging, with great people

Current Employee - Manager  in  Jacksonville, FL
    Current Employee - Manager in Jacksonville, FL

I have been working at Wounded Warrior Project full-time for more than a year

Pros

There is a ton of freedom here to do whatever you need to do to help warriors. I think that's why they are so careful about hiring people - they want to make sure the right people are entrusted with that responsibility. Even as manager (the lowest on the supervisory ladder), I am given a lot of leeway to do what I want. I love it, and I feel like, as a result, I've been able to make a greater impact. There is a lot of emphasis on maintaining a positive culture. Cultural development is encouraged. Because the culture is so good, WWP is able to bridge some of the gaps left by an infrastructure racing to keep up with growth. There is not a lot of room for negative, cynical people.

Cons

The compensation can be weird and feel unfair, depending on your position. However, in general the wage and benefits package is competitive. We are also growing so fast, and it's difficult to keep pace with demand. You really have to be proactive and not wait for someone else to notice problems, which can feel exhausting sometimes. If you're not ready to work hard and produce results, don't bother. They feel very strongly about removing people who aren't performing. I guess that's a good thing, though:)

Consider taking another look at compensation, including the possibility of cost of living adjustments. It's not about how much we make - it's the perception of fairness that's important.

Management-AWFUL!!

Current Employee - Anonymous  in  Jacksonville, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous in Jacksonville, FL

I have been working at Wounded Warrior Project full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great benefits, great co-workers, can be fun atmosphere. Working with warriors and seeing lives being changed

Cons

Management very full of themselves, lost sight of the true mission. Growth opportunities small

You make a ton of money and employees do not see what you do. Ego's are not impressive. Why are there not more wounded warriors at the top? Pipeline, where you pick employees that you think would make good leaders? Many employees you did not pick would be better leaders than some you picked.

There are newer employer reviews for Wounded Warrior Project

Worked for Wounded Warrior Project? Contribute to the Community!