Wunderman (New York)

www.wunderman.com
  www.wunderman.com
There are newer employer reviews for Wunderman (New York)

Wunderman was a great company to intern for

Former Employee - Account Executive in New York, NY
Former Employee - Account Executive in New York, NY

I worked at Wunderman (New York) as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

Young, friendly environment. Location is amazingly convenient. Intern Program is very well done and I felt like I learned a significant amount about the advertising industry.

Cons

Direct marketing can get a little dry

80 Other Employee Reviews for Wunderman (New York) (View Most Recent)

Positive Interning Experience

Former Employee - Account Management Intern in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Account Management Intern in New York, NY

I worked at Wunderman (New York) as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

The interns are given things to do and side projects with an actual client, whether or not this be used it is still a positive learning experience. There were lectures about Advertising by VPs and we got to meet the CEO, as well as Mr. Wunderman himself.
    The program itself is well run and rewarding.

Cons

Unfortunately the client project is not a "real" project and will not be used.
    Interns are not always given real work. Some of the people seemed to be there as a career stepping stone.

It's a pretty good place to work

Current Employee - Account Supervisor in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Account Supervisor in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Wunderman (New York) full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The people here are great -- everyone is nice and friendly and doesn't put up with arrogance or BS. We're all "in it together." Company also has a generous PTO calendar (and people are encouraged to use it), but that's off-set by lower salaries.

Cons

Salaries and promotions are dictated by a corporate office in London, and is based upon how the entire network is performing. So it's pretty difficult to work a 50 hour week on a regular basis and not get anything out of it (esp. when your industry peers are making far more). Morale is pretty low as a result and our attrition has been extremely high (it seems that anyone that's been here for two years is a "veteran").

Figure out a better way to retain employees. There is a cost associated with losing so many good people to time and morale.

There are newer employer reviews for Wunderman (New York)