Wyndham Vacation

www.wyndhamvacationresorts.com

Awesome culture and company

Current Employee - Marketing Manager
Current Employee - Marketing Manager

Pros

Well resourced. Provides great ability to grow succeed and ear a fantastic living

Cons

Great system and structure in place to evolve

Other reviews for Wyndham Vacation

Definitely not an employer of choice

Former Employee - Copywriter - Corporate Communications  in  Gold Coast (Australia)
    Former Employee - Copywriter - Corporate Communications in Gold Coast (Australia)

Pros

Breathtaking views of the Gold Coast skyline, sparkling canals and scenic mountains, big staff cafeteria, gym, massage therapy room, private health insurance and free holidays for top salespeople.

Cons

Company used the probation period to extend the recruitment process and decide if they wanted to keep me after the job interview and reference checks. Management had six week’s notice to prepare my workspace but my computer still took two days to set-up, phone wasn’t installed for a week, no swipe-card access to doors or elevators (I kept a temporary card instead).

It gets worse: I took a whole month to get a parking spot that I had to pay 100 dollars a month (minimum three-month contract). Over three month wait for medical cover and business cards.

Heavy restrictions on what you can and can’t hang on the wall (just one item). Can only put wet umbrellas in a bucket and cannot open the roller blinds higher than eyebrow level.

It sets a bad example when management tells staff that working 8:30 to 5 isn’t enough and staff have to put in the extra hours to show passion and impress a manager enough to continue employment. It also looks bad when performance-related issues aren't discussed early on and instead left until the last month of probation, and also when management openly begins head-hunting replacements while the staff member is trying to prove that he or she should work there.

Good people, good place, advancement quite likely if you want it

Pros

Team, training, benefits. Most of the management at my office has "risen through the ranks" so they know what goes on.

Cons

Can't make everyone happy -- but that's true anywhere.

There are newer employer reviews for Wyndham Vacation.

Worked for Wyndham Vacation? Contribute to the Community!