There are newer employer reviews for Wyndham Vacation

Nice place to work and team members!

Current Employee - Guest Service Associate in Newport, RI
Current Employee - Guest Service Associate in Newport, RI

I have been working at Wyndham Vacation full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great benefits, promotion opportunities, ability to work without micro management.

Cons

Shift hours, staffing, and minimal job performance feedback.

Advice to Management

Company very audit motivated so much so that all attention is focused on dotting the Is and crossing the Ts, that guest satisfaction is sometimes sacrificed.

Other Employee Reviews for Wyndham Vacation

Unethical !!!

Former Employee - Owner Care
    Former Employee - Owner Care

I worked at Wyndham Vacation full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Pay was fair but it came with a price of lying to owners and staying hush hush on upcoming contract changes that was gonna squeeze even more money out of owners savings accounts !!

Cons

The Wyndham Vacation Ownership is built around lies, scams and unethical practices. I worked for the company for slmost 5 years and I seen more heartbreak than happiness. The majority of the owners are elderly. The reason is that their credit scores are the highest. I spoke to many owners who were foreclosed on and filed bankruptcy due to Wyndham lies about cancellation policies on contracts. The owners get back from their so called "Wyndham vacation" only to find that the cancel window for the new 50, 60, 70, 80,000 dollars and even higher contracts that they were all but beat up to buy while there by the sales team, ended during their vacation. The owners sll get the same answer when they call in for help and thats Wyndham won't help and if youu can't afford it you can sell it. Have you seen the resell on timeshare lately? People can't even hardly give them away !!! Shame on you Wyndham ! I hope that all these lawsuits finally go through some day and you get a tsste of your own medicine when have to file bankruptcy yourself !

Advice to Management

Here's some advice for you. Stop screwing people out of their retirement money ! Stop lying about the cancellation window ! Stop preying on the elderly !

Stay Away

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

I worked at Wyndham Vacation full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The facilities. Some of the people were great.

Cons

Wyndham Vacation Ownership is one of the most unprofessional and disorganized companies I've ever had the displeasure of working for. I worked in "headquarters" in the Orlando office, and the "team" I was a part of was like the mean girls club in high school. If you were not liked, you were harrassed, watched and micromanaged. Some team members got away with in-your-face disrespect and a laisez-faire attitude toward their work while others were not allowed to make a single mistake. This was like this in many other areas of the company as well. They reward bad standards while hiding behind their phoney "Count On Me" values. It is a timeshare company, which sells owners overpriced "dreams". The same type of unscrupulous tactics, nastiness and disregard towards peoples' welfare exists in corporate as well.

Advice to Management

Live by the same "Count on Me" values you force upon your employees. Lead by example. If you are not exhibiting respect and "building trust", then how can you expect others to do the same?