There are newer employer reviews for Wyndham Vacation

Management get's all the Perks, while Associates do all the work.

Former Employee - Marketing in Orlando, FL
Former Employee - Marketing in Orlando, FL

I worked at Wyndham Vacation full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Nice building and perks (gym, cafeteria, nurse, starbucks, etc...) and I enjoyed casual days of summer and winter. Did take on a lot of responsibility and grew professionally that did help me move up in my career, sadly outside the company. Compensation is above average Would recommend to anyone who is a manager and a above.

Cons

NO opportunities for advancement in my business unit. Poorly structured, no clear career roadmap. Was there for two years and went through four department restructures where I watched Managers and Directors get more development opportunities and promotions then associates. Poor management that loves to micro-manage and take credit for work that wasn't theres. Vacation time is terrible if your not in Management. Managers, Directors, VP, etc... all earn more then associates.

Advice to Management

Phase out the old school leadership. There is a lot of good new leadership but I think it's time to phase out the old school Fairwinds employees. All they think about is how it was done back in the day... Keep employees engaged and show them a career roadmap, and expectations of what it will take to get to the next step in their career.

Other Employee Reviews for Wyndham Vacation

1. I hated this job.

Former Employee - Vacation Planning Counselor in Orlando, FL
    Former Employee - Vacation Planning Counselor in Orlando, FL

I worked at Wyndham Vacation full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Some of the supervisors were decent.

Cons

Hard to be consistent week to week. Noisy, pep rally atmosphere, customers on phone usually extremely combative and rude.

Advice to Management

Fix your timeshare product before continually trying to sell more to owner base. Funny thing about this business is that they train you to give high customer service and to be respectful but then when you are performing the job thet tell you that 'buyers are liars' and want you to be so aggressive on the phone that people hang-up on you!

2. Traveling Desktop Support Technician

Former Contractor - Migration Representative in Redmond, WA
    Former Contractor - Migration Representative in Redmond, WA

I worked at Wyndham Vacation as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

I loved traveling and staying at the resorts and meeting new people.

Cons

I cant think of any.

Advice to Management

Excellent training.