Wyndham Worldwide

Intense

Former Employee - General Manager in Tucson, AZ
Former Employee - General Manager in Tucson, AZ

I worked at Wyndham Worldwide

Pros

Great location and interesting market

Cons

the timing of the recession made it a difficult environment

Great to work for

235 Other Employee Reviews for Wyndham Worldwide (View Most Recent)

You create your career. Don't blame your employer.

Current Employee - Senior Administrative Assistant in Orlando, FL
    Current Employee - Senior Administrative Assistant in Orlando, FL

I have been working at Wyndham Worldwide

Pros

I began in the call center. I took every training course that they would allow me to take. Trust me! There are plenty. Wyndham has its own online "school" where you can take self taught classes on almost anything. I've learned so much especially how to use Power Point, Word, and Excel all for free! I took the time to ask questions of senior leaders on how to move up within the organization. I developed a plan and stuck with it. After applying to multiple positions, I was given the opportunity to become an Admin for a senior staff member at the Orlando corporate office.

There are opportunities galore at Wyndham. You have to take charge of your own career. No one is just going around handing out better positions. If you are a current employee and you hate your current position, do something about it!

Cons

Las Vegas, Orlando, and Parsippany are the only locations that I interact with on a corporate basis. I know we have many hotels, resorts, sales centers, and call centers throughout the USA so if you need a transfer to a place like Nashville, the only opportunity might be at a resort or sales center. This is a sales oriented business. It's an adjustment to learn the business, and there is a lot to learn. Some people might not want to be involved with a sales driven business.

We receive many emails from our CEO, Steve. We are updated constantly about new resorts, hotels, business deals, and benefits to the employee. All of that is greatly appreciated. Check up on progress to make sure the managers and leaders do not become stale in their roles. There is nothing worse than a weak leader.

Not a good "long-term" company to work for - may be ok as a stop gap

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Parsippany, NJ
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Parsippany, NJ

I have been working at Wyndham Worldwide

Pros

1. Enthusiastic young team workers
    2. Quick decisions made

Cons

1. Poor compensation
    2. Inexperienced executive (Sr IT) leadership
    3. Less diversity at executive management level

Stop making too many quick changes & bring diversity at the senior leadership level

There are newer employer reviews for Wyndham Worldwide