Promote within......

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Parsippany, NJ
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Parsippany, NJ

I worked at Wyndham Worldwide

Pros

Summer hours, tution refunds, holidays and weekends off. Most of the folks that are not upper managment understand and are friendly.

Cons

Managment needs to communicate more to their team. New management needs to learn the business of the business as well as teach and learn from the folks that have been apart of the Wyndham family for 10 years before letting them go. They should offer another position within the company.

Upper managament in the corporate side need to start reflecing the "Count on Me" atitude as the new folks hired seem not to promote that.

Other Reviews for Wyndham Worldwide

Intense

Former Employee - General Manager  in  Tucson, AZ
    Former Employee - General Manager in Tucson, AZ

I worked at Wyndham Worldwide

Pros

Great location and interesting market

Cons

the timing of the recession made it a difficult environment

Great to work for

You create your career. Don't blame your employer.

Current Employee - Senior Administrative Assistant  in  Orlando, FL
    Current Employee - Senior Administrative Assistant in Orlando, FL

I have been working at Wyndham Worldwide

Pros

I began in the call center. I took every training course that they would allow me to take. Trust me! There are plenty. Wyndham has its own online "school" where you can take self taught classes on almost anything. I've learned so much especially how to use Power Point, Word, and Excel all for free! I took the time to ask questions of senior leaders on how to move up within the organization. I developed a plan and stuck with it. After applying to multiple positions, I was given the opportunity to become an Admin for a senior staff member at the Orlando corporate office.

There are opportunities galore at Wyndham. You have to take charge of your own career. No one is just going around handing out better positions. If you are a current employee and you hate your current position, do something about it!

Cons

Las Vegas, Orlando, and Parsippany are the only locations that I interact with on a corporate basis. I know we have many hotels, resorts, sales centers, and call centers throughout the USA so if you need a transfer to a place like Nashville, the only opportunity might be at a resort or sales center. This is a sales oriented business. It's an adjustment to learn the business, and there is a lot to learn. Some people might not want to be involved with a sales driven business.

We receive many emails from our CEO, Steve. We are updated constantly about new resorts, hotels, business deals, and benefits to the employee. All of that is greatly appreciated. Check up on progress to make sure the managers and leaders do not become stale in their roles. There is nothing worse than a weak leader.

There are newer employer reviews for Wyndham Worldwide.

Worked for Wyndham Worldwide? Contribute to the Community!