Wyndham Worldwide
www.wyndhamworldwide.com Parsippany, NJ 5000+ Employees

One Wyndham: Good idea but not practiced if it's not beneficial to corporate - Wyndham Vacation Ownership - Sales Side

Sales Administration Manager (Former Employee)

ProsLots of room for advancement, Endless opportunities within the company, decent pay, excellent health insurance and competitive 401k plans. Fast paced and innovative.

ConsExtremeley high turn over, poor compensation for Administration with incredibly high demands, long work days (exceding 12 hours). If you're in Sales or Marketing you must hit specific bench marks to keep your job, the Company does very little training and has very high expectations for profit. You move Marketing agents and Sales reps in and out constantly because of sales numbers but the company fails to see the lack of training as being an issue with the turnover rate.Corporate refuses to offer support to site managment but expects people to perform without having any kind of outer support. The new mantra, "One Wyndham" is a joke. Also, it's a typical good ol boys club.

Advice to Senior ManagementSupport your people better, invest in talent. Don't preach about wanting to groom people and then drop the ball by denying people the opportunity to grow. The On Boarding process for new managers is laughable, I was promoted to manager and received almost no training. Then I was reprimanded for not knowing how to do things that I had asked for training on. Explain that. HR department is helpful but I never felt like I could bring much to them, especially if my issue was with anyone above Director. I was disappointed with the outcome of my employment with Wyndham, I loved my job but it really seemed like 'upper management', talked a good talk...got me excited about working for the company, but left me high and dry when I needed help.

Great company to work for

I have been working at Wyndham Worldwide full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Wyndham values and respects it's employees. I enjoy the content… Cons: People like to stay as it is such a great company so sometime progression can be slower than hoped for, but… Advice to Senior Management: Keep doing what you are doing Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Good company, great benefits.

Sales (Former Employee)

I worked at Wyndham Worldwide full-time for more than a year

Pros: Overall good company, good benefits, good hours. Cons: Commission structure + bonus' change a lot. Very, very high turnover rate.… – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Wyndham Worldwide.

Worked for Wyndham Worldwide? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Wyndham Worldwide reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Wyndham Worldwide CEO Stephen P. Holmes. All reviews posted anonymously by Wyndham Worldwide employees.