not very profitable for employee

I worked at Wyndham Worldwide

Pros

nice people to work with

Cons

not good compensation plan for employees

pay your people fairly to market

Other Reviews for Wyndham Worldwide

Wyndham Benefits going Down Hill

I have been working at Wyndham Worldwide full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Good vacation, usually a good boss, good life insurance.

Cons

Used to be good medical, dental and vision. All benefits have gone WAY downhill. Office visit payments outrageous, yearly deductibles to meet on any testing, so you are paying high fees out of pocket until say last quarter when yearly deductables are finally met. It has never been like this at Wyndham before. Is it Wyndham or is it Obamacare causing all this????

While I am glad I have a job and don't intend to actively look for other employment, I will be asking all aquaintenances what kind of insurance they have. It is so important. While inflation hit everyone hard this year it hit us especially hard because all our medical bills have increased substantially.

Wyndham Vacation Ownership-Call Center-Worth Checking Out

Former Employee - Vacation Planning Counselor
    Former Employee - Vacation Planning Counselor

I worked at Wyndham Worldwide full-time

Pros

Great benefits, facilities and training, compared to other places I've worked.
    Their 'Deliver On The Promise' motto is alive and well, thereby creating a great working atmosphere. I enjoyed going to work, because everyone was friendly, supportive and encouraging. I give them an A+++ for that.
    Strong desire for employees to succeed and grow. LOTS of promoting from within.
    Very capable Management/Supervisors. My Supervisor was THE best ever, always there to help!
    Genuinely appreciate employee honesty and feedback as it pertains to their job or work environment.

Cons

Typical Call Center environment with never-ending monitoring of your time...in SECONDS.
    The feeling that you've never 'made it' in terms of job performance. Something is ALWAYS not high enough or low enough.
    Outdated equipment.
    Outdated system programs/software. (They are working to improve things)
    Inconsistency in procedures; Too many variables makes performing tasks too time consuming and confusing.
    Short lunch hour; 30 minutes is too short, especially if the calls are rough.

Stay tuned in to employees and provide the assistance they need in the beginning to ensure they can perform to the best of their ability. Don't just put out fires when it's too late.

Provide input to Upper Management for areas that need improving to ensure the 'job' isn't getting in the way of your Counselors' ability to 'Deliver On The Promise'.

Streamline procedures and take out the need for so many steps to accomplish the most common tasks.

There are newer employer reviews for Wyndham Worldwide.

Worked for Wyndham Worldwide? Contribute to the Community!