Manager

I worked at Wyndham Worldwide full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Great Culture, great management staff, many opportunities

Cons

Closed South Florida Call Center

Other Reviews for Wyndham Worldwide

Stressful Environment With Lack of Communication Amongst Management

Former Employee - Senior Manager  in  Parsippany, NJ
    Former Employee - Senior Manager in Parsippany, NJ

I worked at Wyndham Worldwide full-time for less than a year

Pros

I worked at headquarters. The pay was decent and the benefits standard. The people were nice and the facilities were decent. They had events for the employees regularly and the cafeteria was one of the nicest I had every experienced.

Cons

My manager believed in meetings, meetings, meetings, but never allowed time to enact what we were to do in the meetings. Her expectations were unreal: I was to schedule events and include internal management but was never introduced to those managers.

She assigned her sidekick as my new manager who was abusive and overbearing. When we traveled either to the West Coast or Florida, we spent no more than one night, so we were all a wreck the next working day.

My request for a business cell phone was declined, but they didn't hesitate to call me on my personal cell and refused to pay for the calls. So I began ignoring the calls.

Emails were sent at 2am and if I woke up and didn't respond, I was considered a slacker.

A few yeas after I left, both my manager and her sidekick were terminated. Justice. I was so glad to leave that stressful environment and would never recommend it to anyone.

The company always receives rewards for their diverse environment, but they spend a lot of money marketing, sponsoring and selling this fact.

Okay up until the point that they aren't.

I worked at Wyndham Worldwide

Pros

Decent benefits, decent pay, decent hours. Management was relatively hands-off in the IT department unless they were trying to prove their worth, when they became seagulls (fly in, crap all over everything, then fly out again).

Cons

IT infrastructure is seen as a profit loss rather than an investment, leaving the entire company running on ancient vertical systems across a wide variety of mini and micro platforms.

Lose the big iron.

There are newer employer reviews for Wyndham Worldwide.

Worked for Wyndham Worldwide? Contribute to the Community!