There are newer employer reviews for Wyndham Worldwide

Good, well managed company, with some faults

I worked at Wyndham Worldwide full-time

Pros

Good relationships between departments, bonus good, excellent communication from senior/executive management, expectations of position and team well described and understood.

Cons

geographic distribution of teams leads to some management disconnects

remember how you grew the company, don't bow to the shareholders, don't let a high level mistake in one business unit hamper operations in others

218 Other Employee Reviews for Wyndham Worldwide (View Most Recent)

If you want to work in an environment with ethics, good leadership and collaborative co-workers, avoid this Company.

Former Employee - Senior Manager in Parsippany, NJ
    Former Employee - Senior Manager in Parsippany, NJ

I worked at Wyndham Worldwide full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Good Salary. Good Name Recognition for Resume. Dry Cleaning, GYM and other amenities at Corporate HQ.

Cons

Unethical Leadership, No work/life balance. Any example of Work/Life balance and/or Diversity is only for show and not an integral part of the culture. Incompetent leadership especially in HR. Executive Leadership is morally corrupt and are more about towing the line than developing a corporate culture that would reflect a world-class organization. Wyndham Corporate and the Hotel Business are led by people with extreme egos, greediness and incompetence.

Clean house and start over.

Devestating

Former Employee - Maintenance Associate in Edisto Beach, SC
    Former Employee - Maintenance Associate in Edisto Beach, SC

I worked at Wyndham Worldwide full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The majority of the employees, non-management, were top of the line, educated and wonderful people to work with. All, according to published job requirements, were overqualified, both in education and previous experience. Most were college graduates. We worked for Wyndham because we wanted to make it the best it could be and because we cared. It was usually a fun environment.

Cons

Employees were recognized for accomplishments in staff meetings, with words from management, but never with an increase in benefits, perks or salary. Promotions were given randomly to and usually came from outside the department. I applied for every job that came open , was promised interviews but never interviewed. I finally applied for and accepted a position in another department making a dollar more per hour and was given the assignment of pressure washing all the buildings. At 60 years old, it nearly broke me but I did it and did it well without complaint. The resort passed it's yearly quality assurance inspection for the first time in it's history. According to the resort manager, one of the main reasons for passing inspection was due to my efforts. Shortly after that I was fired for working overtime without permission,. Later I discovered their time clock system rounded up the minutes thus showing overtime on one day and no overtime on another day, with both days recording the same number of minutes worked! I told management I had not worked overtime without permission but wasn't believed as the clocked showed I had. I was devastated that my honesty and character were questioned by a company I gave so much to and believed in.

Trust your employees and promote those who deserve it. Be fair. Listen to workers and support them with the tools to do the job. Tap into the strengths of each employee. Read each employees resume to see where they may be promoted or better fit the company.Recognize and reward with more than words. Believe in your employees and trust them to get the job done.

There are newer employer reviews for Wyndham Worldwide