Wyndham Worldwide
www.wyndhamworldwide.com Parsippany, NJ 5000+ Employees

Very Disappointing

Vacation Planning (Former Employee)
Springfield, MO

ProsThe facility is nice. Pay and benefits are average or above for this area.

ConsKeep in mind that this is an INBOUND call center. I suspect that some of those high up in leadership over the Wyndham Customer Contact Centers have come up through the ranks of OUTBOUND sales centers - and it REALLY shows. They are treating an INBOUND customer service center like an OUTBOUND sales center and, in my opinon, making an adulterated mess. INBOUND Customer Service Centers and OUTBOUND sales centers are two entirely different species and should be treated as such. For example, while it may be productive to continually cull the least productive employees in an OUTBOUND sales center, if you cull too aggressively in an INBOUND center, you're constantly undermining the morale and the competence of your employees. You may have a stable full of new, eager people all the time but their inexperience will cause them to make booking errors, transfer customers to the wrong departments and so forth. You completely devalue experience - not a good thing with a product as complicated as Wyndham's. The customers pay the ultimate price. Because they are in a contract with Wyndham, they can't just walk away from bad customer service like a regular retail customer -- but if they could, I think a lot of them would! If you go to work in a Wyndham Customer Care Center, expect to listen to quite a bit of venting from some unhappy owners. If you can work your way into the training department, though, there's great job security there!

Once again, I stress that the attrition rate for an INBOUND call center was deplorable! There were over 50 people in my training class. When I left about a year later there were only about 13 of those left. Yes, some of them left of their own accord. But many were fired for violating a very harsh occurence policy - one that I believe is biased in favor of younger, single people with no dependents. People with children and older people (who sometimes have more health issues) have trouble meeting the demands of the attendance policy.

As far as the culture of the center - way too many mind games and jockying for power. The administration needs to get out of the limelight and into the background - too much hands-on actually starts to interfere with agents being able to do their jobs effectively. And again, the culture was more in line with an OUTBOUND sales center than an INBOUND contact center - adminstrators giving speeches and giving away prizes over microphones while agents were on the phone with customers. Managers and employees shooting toy nerf machine guns while people were talking to customers on the phone (a practice that was eventually stopped but the fact that it was ever allowed to happen at all spoke volumes to me in a bad way). I applaud the attempt to make the center a fun place to work but set up activities off the main call center floor and allow employees to participate (off the floor) in small groups at a time.

Advice to Senior ManagementLIGHTEN UP a little bit on your occurence policy! Don't treat an INBOUND customer care center like an OUTBOUND sales center! Get a handle on your shameful attrition rate! You're letting so many people go that you're starting to garner a bad reputation. You may be able to get by with that in a city the size of Orlando but Springfield isn't that big. Value competence and experience more - trust me, your owners do! A fun culture is great but disruption on the call center floor is NOT! I respect the fact that this is your business to run the way you want. If the way you're doing it really works for you, that's great but it didn't work for me! Sorry!

I love working here

Pricing Analyst (Current Employee)
    Parsippany, NJ

I have been working at Wyndham Worldwide

Pros: The company offers many initiatives and benefits to employees. They believe on a culture where you can rely on one another and foster teamwork.… Cons: The IT department is very slow. Computers take a long time to get… Advice to Senior Management: Keep up the great job!!! Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Excellent place to work

Parsippany, NJ

I have been working at Wyndham Worldwide

Pros: Great people, great work - fun problems to solve -… Cons: Too much is based on relationships - not enough respect… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Wyndham Worldwide.

Worked for Wyndham Worldwide? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Wyndham Worldwide reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Wyndham Worldwide CEO Stephen P. Holmes. All reviews posted anonymously by Wyndham Worldwide employees.