There are newer employer reviews for Wyndham Worldwide

You create your career. Don't blame your employer.

Current Employee - Senior Administrative Assistant in Orlando, FL
Current Employee - Senior Administrative Assistant in Orlando, FL

I have been working at Wyndham Worldwide

Pros

I began in the call center. I took every training course that they would allow me to take. Trust me! There are plenty. Wyndham has its own online "school" where you can take self taught classes on almost anything. I've learned so much especially how to use Power Point, Word, and Excel all for free! I took the time to ask questions of senior leaders on how to move up within the organization. I developed a plan and stuck with it. After applying to multiple positions, I was given the opportunity to become an Admin for a senior staff member at the Orlando corporate office. There are opportunities galore at Wyndham. You have to take charge of your own career. No one is just going around handing out better positions. If you are a current employee and you hate your current position, do something about it!

Cons

Las Vegas, Orlando, and Parsippany are the only locations that I interact with on a corporate basis. I know we have many hotels, resorts, sales centers, and call centers throughout the USA so if you need a transfer to a place like Nashville, the only opportunity might be at a resort or sales center. This is a sales oriented business. It's an adjustment to learn the business, and there is a lot to learn. Some people might not want to be involved with a sales driven business.

Advice to Management

We receive many emails from our CEO, Steve. We are updated constantly about new resorts, hotels, business deals, and benefits to the employee. All of that is greatly appreciated. Check up on progress to make sure the managers and leaders do not become stale in their roles. There is nothing worse than a weak leader.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Working at Worldmark telesales was the most stressful job I have ever held.

Former Employee - Telemarketer in Redmond, WA
    Former Employee - Telemarketer in Redmond, WA

I worked at Wyndham Worldwide

Pros

Wyndham gives great commissions and other incentives to top performers. If you can make telemarketing work for you, this is the place to go.

Cons

If you can sell, you will probably stay (for a while), but the evening hours mixed with ultra high-performance expectations causes an extremely high turnover rate. Don't make any friends or expect the longer-term (read 6 month) salespeople to consider friending you until you have been there at least 3 months.

Advice to Management

Do a better job of hiring so the turnover rate goes down. Some people really aren't cutout to be telemarketers, and a better hiring process could help significantly. While I was there, a new girl fainted from the pressure of trying to perform to the high standards. Isolated case? People would walk out at the drop of a hat all the time. There is NO base pay here. Perform or starve is no way to live.

run.....

Current Employee - In House Sales Representative in North Myrtle Beach, Horry, SC

I have been working at Wyndham Worldwide

Pros

great pay, good hours, fun coworkers.

Cons

pressure, lies, heat.....I was shocked about how the top salespeople make their big $$$$..

Advice to Management

the top dogs need to see what's happening in the sales floor.