Wyndham Worldwide

www.wyndhamworldwide.com
  www.wyndhamworldwide.com
There are newer employer reviews for Wyndham Worldwide

Working at Worldmark telesales was the most stressful job I have ever held.

Former Employee - Telemarketer in Redmond, WA
Former Employee - Telemarketer in Redmond, WA

I worked at Wyndham Worldwide

Pros

Wyndham gives great commissions and other incentives to top performers. If you can make telemarketing work for you, this is the place to go.

Cons

If you can sell, you will probably stay (for a while), but the evening hours mixed with ultra high-performance expectations causes an extremely high turnover rate. Don't make any friends or expect the longer-term (read 6 month) salespeople to consider friending you until you have been there at least 3 months.

Do a better job of hiring so the turnover rate goes down. Some people really aren't cutout to be telemarketers, and a better hiring process could help significantly. While I was there, a new girl fainted from the pressure of trying to perform to the high standards. Isolated case? People would walk out at the drop of a hat all the time. There is NO base pay here. Perform or starve is no way to live.

234 Other Employee Reviews for Wyndham Worldwide (View Most Recent)

Very Disappointing

Former Employee - Vacation Planning in Springfield, MO
    Former Employee - Vacation Planning in Springfield, MO

I worked at Wyndham Worldwide

Pros

The facility is nice. Pay and benefits are average or above for this area.

Cons

Keep in mind that this is an INBOUND call center. I suspect that some of those high up in leadership over the Wyndham Customer Contact Centers have come up through the ranks of OUTBOUND sales centers - and it REALLY shows. They are treating an INBOUND customer service center like an OUTBOUND sales center and, in my opinon, making an adulterated mess. INBOUND Customer Service Centers and OUTBOUND sales centers are two entirely different species and should be treated as such. For example, while it may be productive to continually cull the least productive employees in an OUTBOUND sales center, if you cull too aggressively in an INBOUND center, you're constantly undermining the morale and the competence of your employees. You may have a stable full of new, eager people all the time but their inexperience will cause them to make booking errors, transfer customers to the wrong departments and so forth. You completely devalue experience - not a good thing with a product as complicated as Wyndham's. The customers pay the ultimate price. Because they are in a contract with Wyndham, they can't just walk away from bad customer service like a regular retail customer -- but if they could, I think a lot of them would! If you go to work in a Wyndham Customer Care Center, expect to listen to quite a bit of venting from some unhappy owners. If you can work your way into the training department, though, there's great job security there!

Once again, I stress that the attrition rate for an INBOUND call center was deplorable! There were over 50 people in my training class. When I left about a year later there were only about 13 of those left. Yes, some of them left of their own accord. But many were fired for violating a very harsh occurence policy - one that I believe is biased in favor of younger, single people with no dependents. People with children and older people (who sometimes have more health issues) have trouble meeting the demands of the attendance policy.

As far as the culture of the center - way too many mind games and jockying for power. The administration needs to get out of the limelight and into the background - too much hands-on actually starts to interfere with agents being able to do their jobs effectively. And again, the culture was more in line with an OUTBOUND sales center than an INBOUND contact center - adminstrators giving speeches and giving away prizes over microphones while agents were on the phone with customers. Managers and employees shooting toy nerf machine guns while people were talking to customers on the phone (a practice that was eventually stopped but the fact that it was ever allowed to happen at all spoke volumes to me in a bad way). I applaud the attempt to make the center a fun place to work but set up activities off the main call center floor and allow employees to participate (off the floor) in small groups at a time.

LIGHTEN UP a little bit on your occurence policy! Don't treat an INBOUND customer care center like an OUTBOUND sales center! Get a handle on your shameful attrition rate! You're letting so many people go that you're starting to garner a bad reputation. You may be able to get by with that in a city the size of Orlando but Springfield isn't that big. Value competence and experience more - trust me, your owners do! A fun culture is great but disruption on the call center floor is NOT! I respect the fact that this is your business to run the way you want. If the way you're doing it really works for you, that's great but it didn't work for me! Sorry!

I love working here

Current Employee - Pricing Analyst in Parsippany, NJ
    Current Employee - Pricing Analyst in Parsippany, NJ

I have been working at Wyndham Worldwide

Pros

The company offers many initiatives and benefits to employees. They believe on a culture where you can rely on one another and foster teamwork. Wyndham pays very well and have many things to offer such as an onsite nurse, wii room, billiards/pong room, and practically free massages. This is not even mentioning the other perks such as how generous Senior Management is with free time. Very few leave this company and its very clear as to why considering how awesome it is.

Cons

The IT department is very slow. Computers take a long time to get set up and then the system access is the the other end of the problem.

Keep up the great job!!!

There are newer employer reviews for Wyndham Worldwide