Wynn Resorts

www.wynnresorts.com
  www.wynnresorts.com
There are newer employer reviews for Wynn Resorts

Maintaining 5 stars and happiness.

I have been working at Wynn Resorts full-time

Pros

There is a reason Wynn Resorts consistently maintains 5 stars, its the level of service and behind that are people. The pro is you are truly able to learn from the best in the business, Individuals who have been hand selected for their skill level and absolute dedication to their industry.There is so much to be learned from such different management styles that all have one thing in common, guest satisfaction.

Cons

There is a lot of 'red tape' to go through to get something done that falls outside of Policy and Procedure which limits empowerment. There is no room for error which is understandable, however, it can also create uneasiness among employees and instead of owning mistakes and seeking out guidance it cultivates a certain amount fear in employees(especially line level) and an unwillingness to own their actions.

Empower and cultivate employees, employees who can seek guidance without difficulty will help create a more cohesive team.

66 Other Employee Reviews for Wynn Resorts (View Most Recent)

Good but not great

Current Employee - Theater Employee in Las Vegas, NV
    Current Employee - Theater Employee in Las Vegas, NV

I have been working at Wynn Resorts full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Wynn is a great place to work because they do offer consistently. There is also an environment that fosters fairness.

Cons

In my current position, there seems to be little, to no advancement possibilities. It also seems like the nail that sticks out gets pounded down.

If you want to keep your job, then don't try to be a leader. Our two heads run the show their way and want kiss ass managers that will do it the way they want. Kind of sad, but its not a bad place to be if you can stay off the radar.

Tons of work added on with extremely low pay and treated like child.

I worked at Wynn Resorts

Pros

To be honest I truly tried to think of something positive about working here. I cannot think of one thing. I guess the hotel is pretty .....

Cons

Numerous pay reductions during a 7 year span.
    Department "restructures" aka eliminating departments and giving you the work load.
    Increased work load with 0 pay increase
    Commissions reduced
    Extremely strict monitoring used to determine if you're eligible for commissions.
    Permission must be asked to use the restroom
    Lunches often get held back 1 or 2 hours based on business demands.
    Treated like children
    Have to wait for lunch pass when you're allowed to go eat
    Micro- managed
    Horribly over priced benefits we paid $327 a month for family of 3
    No 401K match

I worked here over 7 years and when I finally took the leap and decided to go somewhere that treated me with dignity. I was doing the work of once was 4 departments for about 10K less than when I started. I would not recommend this company to my worst enemy. It's truly awful management is horrible I feel so very sorry for my old comrades stuck in the hell center .

Stop treating staff like worthless minions. For every queue answered you should get increased pay. of at least $1.00 . Re do the commission structure so that's it's not insulting and demeaning to the staff 2.00 per upgrade on a $500. Room ??? You should be ashamed!

There are newer employer reviews for Wynn Resorts