WyzAnt

www.wyzant.com
  www.wyzant.com
There are newer employer reviews for WyzAnt

Good place to gain experience

Current Employee - Tutor in Pasadena, CA
Current Employee - Tutor in Pasadena, CA

I have been working at WyzAnt

Pros

You can set your own hours and hourly rate. You can choose which students to work with.

Cons

You can only make up to 80% of the rate or 85% if you bring the student in and they buy many hours.

Start off with a reasonable pay rate to gain some hours with the site. Then you can increase the rate on the new students.

100 Other Employee Reviews for WyzAnt (View Most Recent)

Excellent clearing house to bring tutors and clients together

Current Employee - Tutor in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Tutor in New York, NY

I have been working at WyzAnt

Pros

You can choose your own pay, work location and hours and job description.

Cons

You don't get very much work, but that's up to the clients, not management. I'm not comfortable working in client's homes but almost all of them are willing to meet you at Starbucks or in a library, at least for your first session.

Thanks for a great place to work!

Flexible in everything from rates, to scheduling your own sessions and who you decide to tutor.

Current Employee - Tutor in Pflugerville, TX
    Current Employee - Tutor in Pflugerville, TX

I have been working at WyzAnt

Pros

Flexible in everything from setting your rate, to scheduling your own sessions and who you decide to tutor. No hassles getting paid, and you get your money fast. The certification process so you can show which subject areas you are knowledgeable in is easy and straightforward. It's easy to setup your public profile and even gives you the option to blog.

Cons

It is competitive, sell yourself well when you make initial contact with the client. It might be hard to build up a clientele base that will give you steady income.

Great customer service experience when I called in to change my customer's rate.

There are newer employer reviews for WyzAnt