WyzAnt
WyzAnt.com Chicago, IL 50 to 149 Employees

They advertize hundreds of tutor jobs but they post us (tutors) names by closest to and I live in a rural area.

Tutor (Current Employee)

I have been working at WyzAnt

ProsIt would be a flexible job if I could ever get any clients and the pay is good if I can just get matched up with someone who wants tutoring in one of the areas I am certified in.

ConsSince I live in a rural area, there are not as many tutoring jobs where the client lives close to me, and although I am willingR to travel, the clients never see my name because tutors names show up in order of closest proximity.I was not told this before they hired me either.

Advice to Senior ManagementIt would be nice if all tutors within say a 25-40 mile radius were listed so even those of us who live in more rural areas would have a fair chance.

They are thieves.

Tutor (Current Employee)

I have been working at WyzAnt

Pros: You decide your own hours. It is relatively easy for… Cons: The major beef I have with this company is that they take 40% of the money you charge...EVERY HOUR for the first19 hours. After that… Advice to Senior Management: I think WyzAnt should only take out a small flat fee instead of taking out (a BIG) percentage of the pay every time (you should… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Tutor

I have been working at WyzAnt

Pros: The hours are what ever you and your students decide. Most of the time you can… Cons: They take a portion of the pay from the student. Only have working… Advice to Senior Management: The reason i have put 3's on the reviews is that there simply is… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on WyzAnt.

Worked for WyzAnt? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at WyzAnt reviews and ratings. All reviews posted anonymously by WyzAnt employees.