XLA
www.xla.com Springfield, VA 150 to 499 Employees

Not a quality employer

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
Washington, DC

ProsI had no previous consulting experience, but ALON was willing to give me a chance.

The company does provide annual bonuses and has a stellar holiday party.

ConsOn-site management was of little help when it came to resolving issues (either internally or with the client). They were unwilling to have honest discussions with employees and even more unwilling to actually take action on their behalf.

I was handed leadership responsibilities for extended periods of time despite the fact that I was the lowest paid member of the team. When I requested an early evaluation and increased salary I was told to put my request in writing so that it could be sent to HQ. Months later I realized that the on-site PM had never actually submitted my request.

My opinion of the on-site mangagement was shared by the other employees I spoke with. There was no real vision for the company or leadership exhibited by the managers. They consistently showed a level of disrespect toward their co-workers that would not be accepted at most companies. Oddly enough, though, at ALON, these were the only people moving up the corporate ladder. They failed to take care of good employees and allowed sub-par employees to linger in positions as long as they didn't rock the boat.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou will never have quality employees stay more than a year or so if you don't first hire managers who are up to the task. Managing employees is just as important as managing your clients.

Would not recommend

Technical Writer (Current Employee)
    Washington, DC

I have been working at XLA full-time for less than a year

Pros: This is not a highly demanding job. The pay and benefits are good. If… Cons: The lackadaisical atmosphere permeates through the organization resulting in an unchallenging work environment and lazy culture. I was placed on client site as a Technical… Advice to Senior Management: Pay attention to what is happening on client site and determine a course of action… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Kick you on your way out

Project Manager (Former Employee)

I worked at XLA full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: I will say without this company I would not be where I am and I know a few other employees that were junior level that… Cons: ALON does not pay you when you out perform your original title. No matter if you go from doing normal analyst work to management. It… Advice to Senior Management: Quit and hope XL ALON can hire people better than… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on XLA.

Worked for XLA? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at XLA reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for XLA CEO Lloyd M. Mustin II. All reviews posted anonymously by XLA employees.