Neutral

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Plano, TX
Current Employee - Software Engineer in Plano, TX

I have been working at XO Communications

Pros

Fast paced and challenging environment

Cons

Subpar communication
Subpar benefits
Inconsistent business strategies
Subpar career opportunities

Advice to Management

Lead by example. Make your employees feel they are the company's greatest assets. Just don't say it.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. The company is floundering and needs to invest heavily in it's network and back end systems in order to remain viable.

Current Employee - Sales Manager in Santa Ana, CA
    Current Employee - Sales Manager in Santa Ana, CA

I have been working at XO Communications

Pros

There are very talented people who are devoted to the company and who work very hard.

Cons

The reputation is so tarnished due to poor customer service and network unreliability, it is very difficult to convince customers to trust their business to XO.

Advice to Management

Step up and make the investments or sell the company.

More Pros than Cons

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saginaw, MI
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saginaw, MI

I have been working at XO Communications

Pros

Great work/life balance. You get 10 vacation days, 5 floating holiday's, and 5 sick days in your first year. Vacation goes up to 15 days after your 3rd year.
    Wellness program - XO will pay you up to $400.00 each year to purchase exercise equipment, to join a gym or exercise program.
    Good work environment - laid back most of the time. Lot's of work events such as Biggest Loser walking contests, special days such as coffee days and popcorn days. They have a great take your child to work day with things for the kids to do and learn, one year they had a interviewing skills contest, which actually helped my child when they interviewed for job that summer.
    Usually business casual dress - but we have a lot of casual days and weeks - Friday's are always casual.
    Can be a fun place to work

Cons

Low pay - with no raises - even though upper management will get their bonus no matter what.
    Little to no room for advancement. There are a lot of employees who have been here 10-15 years. To advance you have to be friends with the managers. If you are not in "the group" you have no way to advance.
    Upper management - Especially Sr. Mangers, Directors, VP and above have no understanding of what the real employees jobs are.
    They keep changing how the teams are set up - each time it makes less sense than the time before. No real understanding of what will help the customers.

Advice to Management

Get involved in what we really do every day. Sit with your employees - listen to them - then do something about it. We know what will work and can help fix the situation; You just don't give us a voice. Come out of your offices and walk around the center - I don't care if you are the VP or a director - we'd like to see you every once in awhile. We are busy too, however you make time for what’s important to you. Maybe the VP could actually show up in the office from time to time. We get tired of only see her assistant.