XOJET

There are newer employer reviews for XOJET

Growing Place to Work

Former Employee - Manager Or Enterprise Procurement in Sacramento, CA
Former Employee - Manager Or Enterprise Procurement in Sacramento, CA

I worked at XOJET full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Good co-workers in a fast paced environment

Cons

Supervisor and above positions in the Operations group require a very dedicated person and are not a good fit for a full time family person.

52 Other Employee Reviews for XOJET (View Most Recent)

Positive change from Brad Stewart

Current Employee - Captain
    Current Employee - Captain

I have been working at XOJET full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Awesome pilot group. CEO Brad Stewart cleaned house of stagnant management. Stewart is transparent and welcomes dialog with all employees. The new chief pilot Mike Thompson is supportive and an all around good guy. Vacation time of one to two weeks per year. A Schedule with overtime of $900 for captain or $600 for first officer available per day. This overtime rate changed in late 2013 from $500 for Captain and $300 first officer per day in an effort to slow the attrition rate. Small pay raise at the beginning of 2014 after years of frozen pay. Mostly positive change since Brad Stewart took the helm.

Cons

8 on 6 off, or 15 on 13 off schedule. Poor regional collection policy (transition of pilot to and from work from their home) that was put in place in 2012 which can force an employee to work the double rotation or my be forced to report to work a day early for zero compensation. Pilot pay is below industry average. Brad Stewart acknowledges this below average pay and is working to increase pay with the board of directors. Aircraft fleet aging with no publicly known plan to revitalize said fleet. Poor 401k contribution by employer.

Mr. Stewart, do not let the few negative employees discourage your positive progress. Keep up the good work!

Fast Pace and always changing! Management has improved greatly and looking brighter!

Current Employee - Pilot Captain in Sacramento, CA
    Current Employee - Pilot Captain in Sacramento, CA

I have been working at XOJET full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

The company gives us flexibility to do our job well. New management is listening to us and making improvements. Great quality of life on the road. Nice hotels and rental cars is a huge plus and ends up saving money in the long run for the company. It's great the management gives us that flexibility to do our jobs well. Which is reflected to our clients.

Cons

Being gone for a long time. Sometimes you work pretty hard resulting in getting the proper rest you need. But that's business.

Keep showing integrity and honesty. And a open door policy. Positive news is good news! Keep listening to us!

There are newer employer reviews for XOJET