XPRIZE

www.xprize.org
There are newer employer reviews for XPRIZE

Don't waste your life working her

Current Employee - Executive Assistant in Santa Monica, CA
Current Employee - Executive Assistant in Santa Monica, CA

I have been working at XPRIZE full-time (more than an year)

Pros

None. This is a horrible place to work.

Cons

So many....this company is run by a bunch of amateurs with huge egos.

Leave! You have no management skills.

21 Other Employee Reviews for XPRIZE (View Most Recent)

A Dream Job Come True

Current Employee - Senior Director in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Director in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at XPRIZE full-time (less than an year)

Pros

I get to work with talented interesting people on projects that make the World a better place. I get to wear jeans to work every day and work in a relaxed and engaging atmosphere. I get a comfortable office and pleasant coworkers and I actually get paid to do things that I want to do. I get respect and autonomy without being overworked and every day is a new and exciting challenge. I'm happy.

Cons

In my wanderings around the office, I often encounter people who are doing even more interesting projects that I am, but I can't just drop what I'm doing and join their team. The ever-present supply of fruit, snacks, and beverages in the kitchen is making it difficult for me not to gain weight. I still haven't figured out how to get one of those cool XPRIZE jackets.

Work on putting more efficient processes, technology and systems in place to make it easier for employees to get everything done more quickly. Need to work on orientation of new hires to make sure they get all the information and connections that they need right away.

Awesome concept, frustrating execution

I have been working at XPRIZE full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Change the world, work with some amazing people and innovators and learn about fascinating things. Good benefits package, workplace food, often get extra days off!
    HR really tries. Looks good on resume (for those who don't know the organization).

Cons

Leadership with limited/no experience in running successful companies/non profits, yet some of highest salaries in non profit field and also a bonus package. Both leaders have two assistants. Board of Directors (not Trustees) full of friends of leadership so does not take a stand. Senior management likes to empire build. Relationships with related companies / personal business interests for leadership leads to self interested decisions. Inefficient and rigid processes and practices lead to poor donor stewardship and poor funds stewardship as well as frustrating good employees.

Clean up the entanglement issues before they cross the line. Think about what wouldn't look good if the LA Times did an investigation and get it sorted. Hire people who actually know how to lead a non profit. Focus on sponsors and donors and proving great value or they won't return and will say bad things to other potential donors and sponsors.

There are newer employer reviews for XPRIZE