There are newer employer reviews for Xamarin

High energy company full of employees excited to be working and want to create an amazing product.

Current Employee - Customer Success Engineer  in  San Francisco, CA
Current Employee - Customer Success Engineer in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Xamarin full-time for less than a year

Pros

Very friendly team, excellent benefits, really booming technology. It is honestly a dream for someone willing to take a risk on new technology. The management is really open and interactive with the team.

Cons

San Francisco is expensive. There is inherent risk in working for a start up. Definitely not for everyone.

Stay open and honest with your employees. You are creating something special here.

4 Other Employee Reviews for Xamarin (View Most Recent)

Blown Away by Xamarin

Current Employee - Sales  in  San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Sales in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Xamarin full-time for less than a year

Pros

Besides having a killer product, I could not be more pleased with the day-to-day life around the office. I'm relatively new to the company, but I've been here long enough to be able to confidently say that I love working here. I can only assume that they have a checklist of specific qualities they look for in potential employees, because everyone in the office seems to be on the exact same page especially as far as passion/enthusiasm for the company is concerned. Also, literally everyone gets along and people have made genuine efforts to help me get more acclimated to the product as well as the company culture - which I could go on for hours about but I'll try to be brief.

Maybe the most underrated aspect of this company is that the higher-ups and company vets use positive reinforcement to promote hard work. It's not the threat of losing your job or being embarrassed that motivates people at our office, we are showered with praise and recognition whenever we succeed instead of being chewed out for failures. I want to work hard and succeed because I know that I'll be helping the company - a sentiment that I'm sure my co-workers share. It's a selfless environment - everyone acts according to what's best for the company, not themselves or their careers. There's room to move up and versatility is highly encouraged. Everyone around the office has knowledge beyond what their expected to know for their position and everyone is constantly collaborating. Even as a new employee in a lower level position, I talk to the SVP of Sales every day and the CEO is always moving around the office, talking to employees, checking in on deals in the works, looking for and taking in advice at every turn, etc.

Overall awesome experience so far and I have no reason to suspect that to change any time in the near future.

Cons

As a start-up the structure is always in flux - I've had a decent amount of managerial changes so far already. Also, company roles and daily tasks are always changing, which isn't always a bad thing but for sake of consistency it can be a little disorienting. Otherwise, no complaints :)

Keep up the good work!

Great product, great team. There is a real culture here.

I have been working at Xamarin full-time for less than a year

Pros

Culture is solid. I interact with 50+ different employees about work daily, and I enjoy dealing with each and every one of them. Pretty rare. Plus it's the best mobile app dev and testing platform available, so it's a straightforward value proposition to customers who have C# developers and value native quality apps.

Cons

Plan on being in the office. It's still a startup so no regular working from home (just if you need it). But that's probably why the culture is so strong.

Keep up the great work.

There are newer employer reviews for Xamarin

Worked for Xamarin? Contribute to the Community!